33

Cas's eyes popped open the second he heard Jamie's voice. "Hi," Jamie whispered. Cas squinted in the semi-darkness, just barely making out the features of the face two inches away from his.

"What time is it?" Cas asked, rubbing at his sleep-filled eyes.

Jamie laughed softly, pulling Cas closer by the waist. "Seven thirty."

Cas stared at him. "Jesus Christ, Jamie, it's the asscrack of dawn!"

Jamie didn't quite manage to suppress his smile. "Sorry, but we're going to the museum pretty early and I wanted to go out for breakfast. If you really don't want to get up now, though, we don't have to."

Cas grumbled to himself, pressing his face into Jamie's arm. Jamie was quiet. "Fine," he sighed. "The things I sacrifice for you, Jamie." Cas cracked a grin, looking up at the other boy.

Jamie snorted, giving Cas a quick kiss. "You're crazy."

"Crazy in love," Cas said jokingly. Jamie froze. Cas poked him in the ribs. "I'm joking."

"Of course," Jamie said with an awkward chuckle.

"Jamie," Cas said as Jamie got up from the bed to get ready. Jamie paused, looking at him expectantly. There was so much that Cas wanted to say, but - despite his love of all things literature - he couldn't find the words.

He stood up instead, walking over to Jamie and leaning in. Jamie's lips found his, hands slipping into Cas's hair. Cas grabbed Jamie's hips as Jamie deepened the kiss, dragging him back towards the bed. Cas pushed Jamie down against the sheets and Jamie released a chuckle. "Control yourself, Cas," he grinned, one hand on Cas's chest, repeating Cas's words from the previous night. "We still have to eat breakfast."

"I'm not hungry right now, only thirsty," Cas said with a smirk.

Jamie laughed. "You win this time."

Cas grinned, closing the distance between them again. Jamie's tongue parted Cas's lips, his arms wrapped around Cas's neck. Cas broke the kiss, his lips finding their way down Jamie's neck. "Cas," Jamie murmured as his kisses drifted lower. Cas looked up. His green eyes were dilated, and he ran his tongue over his red lips. "If we don't stop now, we aren't going to have time for breakfast."

Cas laughed. "Okay, okay." Cas moved to get up, but Jamie's hand latched onto his arm and he stilled.

"We can just eat super quick, right?" Jamie asked, and Cas held back a grin.

"Of course," Cas replied.

Their breakfast, after they had finished (in more than one sense), was quite delicious. They had a Dutch delicacy known as stroopwafel (two thin waffles with caramel in the middle) and two cups of coffee.

Coffee was, as a matter of fact, one of Cas's favorite things. It ranked third on his list, just after "Jamie" (unsurprisingly first) and "books" (a close second). He was one of those snooty coffee-drinkers, in the sense that he maintained that the only coffee one should drink was the freshly brewed French vanilla espresso. Jamie was less picky with his coffee, on the other hand, and preferred lattes to espressos (an opinion that Cas detested). He had to admit, however, that Jamie's favorite "Blonde Vanilla Latte" from Starbucks was not altogether bad.

As they sat in a fairly cozy cafe in Amsterdam, Cas thought of his favorite coffee shop in France. It was true, there were bits and pieces of his life in France that Cas did not completely hate. One of these was a coffee shop. It was two blocks away from the house Cas had lived in with his grandmother, father, and cousins. Every winter morning, he would roll out of bed, put on some variety of wool trench coat (he had many), slide on some shoes, and leave the house.