23

The day had started off as any average summer day did - a short breakfast and then a jog to Jamie's house. Mrs. Douglas had let him in with a beaming smile, opening the front doors wide for Cas to walk in. There were new creases at the corners of Miranda's eyes, Cas noted. This was not one of their better times, financially. "Jamie's out right now," Miranda apologized. "Running, I believe. He'll be back soon, though. Make yourself at home!"

"Thanks," Cas smiled. "I'll be in his room, I guess." He ascended the stairs, walking into Jamie's open bedroom. Cas grabbed a book from Jamie's sparse collection and sat down in the corner on a chair. It took at least half an hour for Jamie to get back. He ran into the room and flopped down on his bed, breathing heavily.

Cas couldn't help a snort as Jamie put the back of his hand on his forehead dramatically. "What the fuck?!" Jamie shot up, gaze finding Cas in the corner.

"Good morning to you too," Cas said, an amused smile curling his lips upwards.

"You scared me," Jamie said with a groan, lying back down.

Cas laughed, setting down the book. "You're late getting back."

"Woke up late," Jamie replied. "My alarm clock wasn't here tonight." Jamie grinned.

Cas grinned back. "I bought you a real alarm clock, you know. You could try using it once."

Jamie shook his head, sitting up and wiping at his face with the bottom of his t-shirt. "I prefer being shaken awake by you."

"I'm not always here," Cas pointed out.

Jamie made a face. "Then be here more often."

Cas smiled. "If that's what you want..."

"It most certainly is," Jamie said with a nod. He stood up. "So I'm gonna... shower." Jamie indicated his rather sweaty appearance. His cheeks were flushed, eyes bright.

"Okay," Cas shrugged. "I'll be here."

Jamie nodded, leaving the room. Cas heard the shower turn on. He briefly contemplated going into the bathroom to watch, but decided against it. Jamie very much enjoyed taking long showers, and Cas found himself bored out of his mind within the tenth minute of Jamie's aforementioned shower. He wandered around the room, eventually opening the bathroom door and peering in.

Jamie glanced up and saw him through the foggy shower glass (this dismayed Cas greatly, as how was he supposed to see anything through all of that fog?). "Hi," Jamie said with a smirk on his lips.

"Hi," Cas replied, slipping into the bathroom and shutting the door. He sat down on the floor, back against the door.

"Just couldn't wait to see me?" Jamie asked with a snort.

"Don't flatter yourself," Cas scoffed light-heartedly. "I was just bored of your room."

"Sure," Jamie replied, sounding unconvinced. "Whatever you say." Cas shifted slightly. The fogginess was beginning to annoy him. He scowled a little, moving again. Jamie caught the motion and laughed. "You're such a Peeping Tom," Jamie teased. Cas flashed the finger at him. "If you want to see, just say you want to see."

"I don't want to see anything," Cas retorted, crossing his arms over his chest defensively. "I've seen it all before anyhow."

Jamie grinned, raising his hands in mock surrender. "Okay, okay." He splashed away some of the fog all the same (Cas blushed and looked away, though he did sneak the occasional glance).

When Jamie finally finished his shower and got dressed, it was nearly 11:30 in the morning. "We're behind schedule," Cas said, frowning. Jamie was laying on his bed, arms behind his head.