15. once it's started it's so tricky to stop

Sunday

The faint sound of guitar strings lightly brushed against fingertips brings me back to consciousness. I'm alone in the unfamiliar bed. I follow the sound and I see Alex sitting on a chair facing the window, against the morning sun. With his back to me, he strums quietly on his acoustic guitar, mumbling and humming really low. I can tell he's wearing jeans but he's shirtless. His hair is slicked back and it curls out at the base of his neck.
I see him stopping and scribbling on a small notepad, then returning to his guitar. I smile, watching him doing that a few times.
Can I wake up like this every day of my life, please?

How much did I sleep? We stayed up until late talking, laughing, cuddling, too tired for anything else.
I get up quietly and I tip toe towards him. I didn't even bother putting on clothes.
I sneak my arms around his neck from behind, kissing his cheek. He's fresh shaved and the clean scent of his hair, still wet, gives me instant pleasure. "Good morning..!"

"Hey! Here's Sleeping Beauty," he says before reciprocating the kiss.
"Your alarm clock malfunctioned." I place an open mouth kiss on his neck inhaling the pleasant fresh fragrance of someone who just got out of the shower.
"Mmh? What do you mean?"
"I had planned to wake you up in an interesting way, but I slept in." I explain, im a coquettish tone.
"Mmh...blimey, I missed out!"
"Yep. What you working on?"
"Oh nothing, just-" he closes the notepad quickly, "just a few lines, I found some inspiration."
"So, while I was oversleeping you showered and all, and wrote a song? Damn you're efficient!"
I hear his silly giggle as he strokes my arms.

"You should have woken me up." I didn't want to waste any minute of this morning.
"Oh no, I couldn't. I have been searching from the bottom to the top for such a sight. That was the inspiration."
"Oh. I see..." I move and kiss him on his neck, on the other side. I wanna smell every centimeter of him.
"Sorry again about this." I say brushing my finger on the bite marks and the hickey on his neck. I feel bad.
"Yeah, that. The handkerchief will cover the worst part. I'll have to think of something for the rest of it..."
"Foundation or concealer maybe? But what I have is too dark for you, Snow White. Ask Ceci."
"Or I'll have to find a turtleneck. In 25 degrees weather!"
"Fuck, I'm sorry baby."
"I enjoyed every second of it," he reassures me leaning back and turning his head for a kiss.
My hands move down his sides and sneak around his body.

"Well I'll let you work on your song, I need a shower. I'm sticky from last night. You know champagne and all."
"Alright," he giggles, "I ordered some breakfast, it should be here soon."
I turn my head back as I walk away and he's looking at me. I give him a cheeky smile.
I see his face turning serious. "Oh bloody hell!"
"What?"
"Ehm..." he points at my lover back and I turn around in a contortion but I can't see anything. I go check myself in the bathroom mirror.
"Oh wow!" I scream from there.

"It's like, the whole impression of your teeth!" -On my butt. I peak out of the bathroom door laughing.
His face isn't amused though. "I hope I didn't hurt you, love...I was... I was out of me mind."
"Oh, no no. That was hot. I should like, make it a tattoo. Can I tattoo your teeth on my ass? I wanna remember this," I joke.
"Sure," he laughs, relieved.
"Last night...it's worth remembering." I give him a stare biting my lip.
"Undoubtedly." He stares back, a deep gaze that's difficult to sustain. "I will be thinking about it for the next couple of weeks."
"Me too." I leave him with a little smile.

I sit at the little table wrapped in a towel. As I was showering, I noticed that some areas on my body are sore. The skin on my hips and around my stomach, by the lower ribs, is somewhat tender. The spots where Alex held me last night, during the wildest moments.

"Jesus, this is a feast!" I say looking at the breakfast they brought.
An entire coffee pot, a tray with croissants and pastries, scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, a bowl of strawberries with creme.
"I didn't know what you felt like this morning so I asked for an assortment."