31. she used to be my girl

Recommendation: listen to the songs when they come up, for the mood!!! I already added them to the playlist 😉

_________

"Fuckin' hell, bird, who where you thinking about?" Lachlan says smiling as he rolls off me and lays on his back.
"Huh?"
"That wasn't for me."
Was I too passionate? "Eh, long story."
We laugh, maybe to defuse the awkward moment.
We stay quiet for a few moments as we catch our breaths.
"Why did you chat me up at the bar?" I ask. I mean I was just sitting there, being antisocial and down.
"I don't know. I thought you were a beaut and you looked lonely and kinda sad. I just wanted to see that smile. I didn't think we'd get to this!"
"I was kinda down. Thank you for the pick me up. Literally!" I make him laugh.
"Happy to help."

He falls asleep fast, probably tired for his traveling. As he slips off, his hand unconsciously goes around my waist. I scoot away to break the contact; too much. I should have sent him away. I feel uncomfortable now laying in my bed with this guy who's basically a stranger.
I fall into a drunk sleep.

The sound of the entry door closing wakes me up in the morning.
Keys dropped on the counter.
Damnit, Claudia is already back. She wasn't supposed to.
"Hey." I poke at Lachlan's shoulder, trying to wake him up. Gosh, this is so awkward.
"You have to go." I say quietly when he opens his eyes.

He looks around disoriented then his eyebrows raise like two question marks.
"My roommate is back. She was supposed to be gone through the afternoon. She can't see you; I don't want to be questioned, plus there's a sort of no-guys-overnight policy. You have to go, now."
"Crikey! Kicking me out, are ya?"
"Sorry. And shush!"
He whispers a laugh. "Alright, alright."

At least he's taking it in a light way.
He gets up and puts on some clothes, so do I.
"I had a good time last night." I say shily. I feel bad for kicking him out, but I really don't want Claudia to know, and he wasn't even supposed to be still here by the way.
"Me too. Will I see you again?" He asks, buttoning his shirt.

"I don't know." Did I find a little happiness? Maybe. I had a really good night and the sex was good. The chemistry wasn't perfect like with Alex, but it hit the spot.
But now I feel weird, kinda guilty, like I cheated. I'm not sure this was a good idea.
"Well, if you change your mind you'll find me at the same place tonight. I may go back again on Tuesday."
I don't know what to respond. Damn he has a nice smile though.

I open the door to check the situation, gesturing to him to wait and not show himself.
I catch Claudia leaving the bathroom and going to her room.
"Hey! You're back early! Everything ok?" I ask.
"Yeah, I have a lot of things to do today so I tought I might as well just go home and get an early start."
"I see."
She goes in her room and pushes the door over, but leaving it ajar.
She keeps talking. "I have some practicing to do as well, I apologize in advance for your ears, girl."

I open my door and gesture to Lachlan to go.
"It's ok." I reply.
This reminds me of that time that I sneaked Alex in.
He walks behind me and quickly goes to the entry door.
Claudia gets out of her room at sudden and catches him as he walks out.
Argh. Fuck.
"Oh, goodbye!" She exclaims.
Lachlan turns around and, smiling, he takes two fingers to his head giving a cheeky farewell salute. He seems amused.
You son of an Australian bitch.

"I'm sorry..." I look at Claudia very embarrassed.
"Cute," Claudia looks at me raising her brow, "who is he!?"
"Oh, just....a mistake, probably."
"Revenge sex?"
"Maybe..."
"I can tell...basically he's Alex."
"Huh? He doesn't look like Alex."
"Brown wavy hair, dark doe eyes...half open shirt..."
I shrug my shoulders.
"Did it help?"
"A little bit."
"Was it good?"
"I can't complain."
Claudia makes a dismissing gesture with her hand. "Then it's fine."
"It's just..it felt safer here."
"I get it. Really. Don't worry about it. Just don't make it an habit, I guess."
"I won't."