33. when true love takes a grip it leaves you without a choice

~ Warning: smutty ending ~

The sensation of fingers brushing on my arm wakes me up. I blink two times I before I open my eyes. I'm laying on my belly, my head turned to the side with my cheeck resting on the pillow.
I lift my sleepy eyes on Alex's. I smile so big at the sight of his brown, kind eyes, mine almost close again.
"It wasn't a dream," I mumble through my grin.

He's laying on his side, facing me.
"It certainly had the features of one, but thankfully it was real." His smile activates all the pleasure centers in my brain.
I shut my eyes closed very thight for a second then I reopen them, searching for those dark puddles again.
"You're still here." The grin doesn't leave my face.
"Still here. You and me."

I lift my arm to stoke that long messy hair and his cheek.
"I hope we didn't waste all morning sleeping."
"Not at all. As promised, I set an alarm, it's only 7:00."
"That gives us eleven hours together."
My flight is at 6 PM this evening. I hate to think about it.
His hand stretches to my head and his fingers run slowly through my hair. He leans in to kiss my lips slowly.

"Stay another night..."
I feel his hand in the back of my neck, running down my back. I am completely naked under the sheets.
"I wish, baby. But my parents are so excited to come pick me up. We have plans for the evening, my mother is probably already cooking for dinner. I can't disappoint them..." I bite my lips, looking at him, that tempting puppy-eyed devil. I really fucking wish I could stay.
"Mmh. I get it." he replies. "So what do you wish to do with the time allotted?"
His hand continues slowly down my side.

"Whatever you want to do."
"Ok. What I want to do, then, is: stay here in bed with you for a bit, then I'd say we can go grab a coffee or summat..."
"Mmh-mmh," I nod agreeing with his plan.
His fingers brushing on the back of my thigh gives me shivers.
"...then maybe...how do you feel about checking out the studio? I'll show you more of the new songs."
I nod again, more vigorously.
His hand comes back up on my butt, his palm wide open squeezes gently.
He leans in to place a kiss on my shoulder. Then on my neck. The hair on his chin tickles my skin.

"Alright. Eleven hours eh? We should start maximizing." His voice is lower and his breathing is slightly accelerated.
I giggle at his tone and at his touch getting more daring. His fingers reach down between my thighs, brushing on my inner lips.
"Mmmh...we should, yes." I part my legs to give his hand more access and I lock my arm around his neck to pull him close and kiss his mouth. "I want you for breakfast this morning," I whisper against his lips.
"That's the scenario I was envisioning, yes."

****
We walk down the street hand in hand with our coffees in paper cups. The studio is not that far, and it's a nice walk.
Alex is wearing sunglasses even though the sky is cloudy and looks like it's going to rain soon. He doesn't feel like being recognized lately.
Soon enough, some guy stops him. Alex doesn't mind exchanging a few words but he evidently tries to cut it short. He doesn't leave my hand, showing that is not giving the fan too much of his time.
"Not right now," he declines politely when the kid asks him for a photo together.

I never saw him refusing pictures with fans, so I ask him about it.
"Some fans were horrible to Lily. It was a shit-show. I'd rather not repeat the experience."
I can only imagine. They started the rumor that Alex cheated on me with her and that she was responsible for our breakup and shit like that. And being a public figure, with a presence online, made her a very easy target.
I see what he's doing. He's being protective towards me.

I wonder if those so called "fans" realize that there is a person just like them behind the public image. If they realize the hate reaches him too. If they ever imagine, or care, how he feels about his date or girlfriend being hated and harrassed only for being his partner. Because of him.
I hope they'll learn some empathy growing up.