16. going home with trouble written in dirt on her knees

I smash my hand on the alarm clock barking at me. 6:30 AM. Ugh. Mondays.
I re-read last night's texts to gather up some will to live, while my very hungry cat jumps on me and sneaks between my face and my phone to get my attention. I close my eyes, smiling for a second, before muttering a series of groans crawling out of bed. The promise of coffee helps.
I feed feline Alex and I turn my espresso machine on so it warms up while I shower.
This is my morning routine, M-F.

I stand under the water stream letting the warm water fall on me. It feels chilly this morning.
A thought downs on me: the last time I was in here it was with Alex. I feel suddenly hot.
As I close my eyes, the arms wrapping my body become his arms. The hand in my hair, which then slides down my neck and my breast to end between my legs, becomes his hand.
I can feel his lips on my neck, his breathing in my ear and his wet hair tickling my shoulder as a wave of pleasure wraps my entire self.
The son of a bitch took the tiger outside for a ride and left me to manage it alone.

I see words forming on the glass of the shower all fogged up. They're sideways: they were written on the outside.
What is that? I get out, and I stare at them wrapped in a towel:

SHE'S
GOT IT

It had to be Alex. Claudia doesn't leave me messages on the shower glass.
I smile and I wonder what I've got, though. I take a picture and I send it to him.

ME
What does she got?

****
I'm sitting at my desk waiting for Vera to arrive. I'm a little early. And I'm nervous.
My phone vibrates.

ALEX
"Venus" - Shocking Blue

This is the reply to my question.
Now I recognize the reference from the other night. It's funny that he mentioned these verses in that moment. I chuckle thinking about it.

A Goddess on a mountain top
Was burning like a silver flame
The summit of beauty and love
And Venus was her name

She's got it
Yeah, baby, she's got it
Well, I'm your Venus
I'm your fire, at your desire

I like this. I like that he made this 'my' song. I like it very much.

ALEX
Speaking of which, I thought about you in the shower this morning

I instantly visualize him naked and wet and....
Gosh...I have a very vivid imagination and it's a torture sometimes.
I can't believe his timing, once again. Here I am blushing, thinking about dirty things as I'm about to get my ass kicked for skipping work to have sex with my new flame.

ME
You thought about me in the shower while I was in the shower thinking about you

ALEX
Mhh...I love chiastic structures

I hear Vera entering her office.

ME
I knew it would turn you on 😉
ME
Gotta go. One-on-One with Vera 😖

ALEX
Good luck with that love xx

Yes good luck, that's what I need now that he distracted me with those thoughts!
I knock on the door frame of Vera's office.
"Oh good morning Anna!" She seems cheerful. It makes me feel a little better.
"You wanted to see me?"
"Yes, sit please!"
"So," she takes a sip from her Starbucks coffee cup before continuing, "I just wanted to apologize for being unprofessional towards you and your...you and Alex, and assuming things about your private life. That isn't my place."
"Oh, that wasn't necessary but I appreciate. Also, I assure you that I take my job very seriously and-"
"I know you do, you're the most hard-working assistant I've ever had."
I smile. "My love life won't affect that. I promise." Or at least I'll try...