Chapter 39💛

Rodney (Big Rod)

Rodney (Big Rod)

      "Rodney, do you hear me? Hello?"

I blinked a few times and looked at my wife Cathy who was looking at me with a frown. I sighed, standing up straight from leaning on the table.

The images of what happened a few days ago was still fresh on my mental. My kids was in the house, my wife. The thought of them being in harms way made my blood boil to the bone and it scared the fuck out of me.

It's been years since I felt the rage I'm feeling now. I've been out the game for years and people know when I was in it I didn't want my kids around this shit. Cathy damn sure didn't when she got pregnant with Cameron. I knew it was time for a change right then and there.

I promised myself and my wife they would never see or come close to the shit we had to deal with. Looking death in the eyes every other week, always looking over our shoulders. And I kept that promise, I did. But jealousy and greedy people follow you forever.

Gerald knew how I felt deeply about the safety of my family. He the only one I can think of who would do this. And sending people to my house, to watch me and shit. He is paying niggas to do shit that gets they ass smoked or beat every time. And now he might expect me to send people for him. But nah, I have people go after the ones who hit up my home. I'm finding him myself and keeping my promise.

      "Cathy please." I sighed, rubbing my hands down my face.

     "Please what Rodney? I'm trying to hear the damn truth." She glared at me. "My babies was in the house!"

     "Imma fix it Cat." I said looking at her and she scoffed, looking at me like I was crazy.

      "It should have been fixed years ago! Why are we ducking and dodging bullets again?!" She spat. "I told you I was done! You said you was done! The streets knew you are done so what the hell is up?"

     "Don't you think I know that. Let me deal with it and you go stay with the kids."

    "Are you fucking kidding me!? Who do you think it is?" She folded her arms.

      "Cathy—"

       "Tell me who Rodney." She demanded.

I looked towards the stairs and Cameron was walking down them and he sat down at the table. I sighed deeply, not ready to have this conversation at all right now but it needs to happen. This will hurt my baby but I wanna be honest with her. She been down for me since day one.

        "Gerald." I answered her.

She raised a brow in shock at the mention of his name. I knew she wouldn't believe for him to do something like this since we knew him well. But she wanted the truth and that's it.