Chapter 40💚

Ranae

          While sitting on the couch with my head resting on my hand, I scrolled through Instagram. My grandmother Vera was across from me on the love seat, watching law of order on the tv. It's been almost a week since I seen my parents and Cameron and I was starting to worry honestly. I've talked to my mom but it was only for a few minutes.

The twins are none stop asking me about there whereabouts and I tell them the truth that I don't know. Hopefully they come back soon.

And I haven't talked to Anthony since I left and I was worried about him too. I texted him a few times and called but no answer. I even texted Kevin and Eli seeing how they were doing and to tell Anthony to call me. I missed all of them and it pisses me off that I'm suffering because of my dads problems. It isn't fair.

But on the bright side, the girls been keeping me company, through FaceTime of course. And being here with my grandparents was good as well. It's been awhile since I seen them.

Hearing someone come down the stairs, I gazed at them and seen my grandpa coming down them. He's been asleep all morning and finally is awake. "Hey gramps." I greeted him and he smiled.

      "Hey sweetie. Hey my love." He greeted me and my grandma, giving her a kiss on the head as she smiled.

      "Heard anything back from Cathy?" She asked him.

     "No." He says, shaking his head. "I even tried Rodney motherfucking ass and he ain't answer." He said in his southern accent, mugging, making me chuckle.

      "Language Charles. My grand baby right here." She glanced at him.

He waved her off. "She grown now Vera. Birthday coming up ain't it?" He smiled and I nodded.

     "Any plans baby?" My grandma asks and I shrugged.

     "I'm not sure. Almost forgot until gramps mentioned it." I chuckled.

    "You ain't gone be young forever. Enjoy life." She says to me. "Go out and have fun, meet new people."

    "Your boyfriend didn't forget did he? He gettin you a gift right?" My gramps say and I look up at him.

    "I don't have a boyfriend gramps." I laughed.

    "Mhmm. So who is this Anthony you was leaving a voicemail to?" He raised a brow.

I busted out laughing, palming my forehead. "He's a friend gramps. And grandma said you was sleep. Why you eavesdropping?"

     "I was checking on you and the twins. Vera said Cathy and Rodney just dropped y'all off without calling us first and didn't give an explanation."

     "We don't mind though. We missed our babies." She smiles and I returned it. "Now tell me about this Anthony." She said. "Gone Charles." She shooed him away. "Girl talk."

     "Aw why I can't listen? She can talk to me too women. You gone." He protested, shooing her and I chuckled.

     "Charles." She glared at him.

    "Alright I'm gone." He said slowly getting up and going to the kitchen. He looked back at us and waved us off, making me laughed.

    "Old hag." She giggled. "Now talk. How old is he? Is he cute?"

    "Grandma." I laughed, blushing.

   "Come on now. It's been too long since we talked so you gone tell me some."

    "We're not official yet grandma." I chuckled.

    "And why not?"

    "Cause we're taking it slow." I explained and she nodded.