11. Back to Earth Summer

This summer was a blast. 3 months passed since I last saw Star but I got this cape from River to remember Mewni to remember bye. I love this cape. But throughout the day, everyone was acting weird. It sucked. I don't see why they don't like my cape and how much I did for it. I know one person who can understand me is my girlfriend, Jackie! I walked up the door of her house and knocked.

"O hey Marco."

"Hey Jackie. Can we talk? I got stuff and I didn't have the best morning."

"Sure. Come in. Let's go to my room to talk." I nodded. She closed the door and lead to her room. She opened her door, and I went and sat on the bean bag as she sat on her computer chair. "So, what's up?" I started explaining of Mewni and what I did today.

"You know, first Ferguson and Alfonzo were weird, and then Sensei was weird." I sighed trying to think of a conclusion and one did come to my mind. "I... I hate to say this, but it's like my best friends are jealous of all that I've accomplished."

"Look, I get it. Earth and Mewni are totally different. It must be hard to readjust."

"No, J-Jackie, you don't get it." I don't think she understoods. "This isn't about me. This is about them not being able to accept what this means," I say showing the cape.

"How long has it been since you took off your cape?" I scoff, sinking into the beanbag chair.

"That's not relevant."

"But it kind of feels like you went to Mewni and you never really came back. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but you haven't even asked about my summer. You've just been talking about yours." It registered it in my head.

"Oh, no. I'm the croissant girl."

"What?

"Oh, Jackie, I'm so sorry." I started heading to the door.

"W-What are you talking about?

"Jackie, I'm gonna make this up to you."

"Make what up?"

"You're never going to hear me say "croissant" again." I leave. I head straight home.

"Welcome back Marco di-"

"Sorry Mom I got some work to do. Love you." I walk up to my room well restroom. I look in the mirror. Yea never mind. I turn on the hot water letting the steam settle on the mirror. I'm still self-conscious of myself. I still can't look at myself. Okay but enough. This time. This time I'm taking off the cape! I place my hand on the cape, but I didn't move it. I sighed. But I'm a knight! This is honor! No, I told Jackie no more Mewni....... Maybe sleep with it one more night! I turn off the water. I walk out and go back to my room to sleep. The next day hit. Okay confidence. I still had the cape. NO. I have to make it up to Jackie. I pulled out my phone and sent a text. Be dressed at 6'o clock. I got a message back saying okay. Okay. I spent the day trying to take off the cape but couldn't. It got ready taking a shower and all. Of course, with my cape. Jackie will get mad.... An idea popped up. I took my hoodie off then rolled the cape and put the hoodie on. The cape was under my hoodie now. Now for the ultimate date with Jackie.

-

The date went well. We had fun and everything. It made me happy. This was also my actual first date to. It didn't go as planned. Jackie picked the spot, but it was fun. Now I was looking at the sunset with Jackie. I was holding her hand leaning to her and she did the same.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Lobsters. We saved one, but we could have saved them all.

"Do you want to go back for them?"