23. Catch Up

Some time passed. We saved Moon from the Pie island. Her memory was lost but she started remembering on the way back to the temple. She started to really remember when Globgor was mentioned to her. I mean she kind of saw him. After that we had dinner but Moon and River left to have their life. Star decided to stay. Then there was Eclipsa trying to free her lover using Rhombulus but that didn't work so well. I may have been distracted but I kinda used the swimsuit to ask Star mostly to check if it worked but it didn't. I don't know why but it stings not seeing him free yet. I see how sad Eclipsa is. She lost her daughter and her love is frozen with no way of getting out. I shake my head. No that was a couple days ago. Now I'm back on earth to spend time with my parents. And I promised I would cook for them! I looked the time. Star should have been here already. She said she was going to go lava surfing with Tom's family and promised to come back to help me and join us.

"Marco is everything okay?"

"Huh? O yea. Just wondering what's taking Star so long. I'll start cooking. You and Dad go relax. I'll join you guys when I'm done."

"Okay. Just call if you need help." She places a kiss on my cheek and walks back to the living room. I pull out everything I needed. I'll make spaghettis with tacos. I look at the time again. Maybe something held her back? I could call. NO! I trust her and she would tell me what happened. I just want her safe. I sighed. Maybe I can make some nachos to. That always kept my mind away. I started cooking. I let my mind focus on the measurements and cooking. I was okay. Finally I finished cooking everything. I brought it to the table.

"Mom, Dad I finished."

"O boy!" They took their seats and I sat down.

"Where's Star?"

"She's with Tom. Maybe got held back." I started serving them. After serving them and getting my plate we dug in. Learning to cook was something I was happy to do. I hope Star's okay. No, I'm sure she's having fun. I mean being with Tom can be fun. Even when he has his moments but he means well. He's actually sweet and I know he cares about Star a lot.... He does sweet things for her. Even not seeing him much when we searched for her mom. He waited. He is a good boyfriend. I start replaying some of the happy moments I had with Tom. The first one I hate and like. His carriage that we did so much. Him having some things I liked to do. He did say sorry at the end. Flashes kept coming till I remember the kiss we exchanged at the booth. I brought my finger to my lips. I replayed it in my head. They were actually warm. That was the second time. No first.... We almost kissed at the ball but didn't. I'm sure Star must love his kisses. After smooching him a lot. I bit my lip. She kisses those lips to. Tom said it was a mistake. He thought I thought he was someone else because the mixed feelings I have with everything running through my head, but.... I didn't think of anyone at the moment besides him......

"Marco, honey, Are you okay?"

"Hm?"

"Marco are you okay with Star spending time with Tom?" I look at my parents confused.

"Yea? I mean she's my best friend? Why wouldn't I not be okay with it?"

"Well you seemed distracted. You barely eaten anything."

"O sorry just thinking some stuff."

"O! O! Marco why don't you tell us some of your adventures. The nice ones maybe."

"Sure Dad." I told them some of them. It was mostly the search for Star's Mom. I didn't exactly want to tell them about the fight between Meteora.

"Well, isn't that quite fun. Maybe one of these days you can take us back to Mewni again."

"Sure Mom. I know you guys had fun last time. I'll tell Eclipsa. We just busy helping her out with the temple and all. But I'm sure when everything is situated, she would love to meet you guys. She's really cool. I showed her the tapes of the songs I liked and learned a bit of it. O! She even plays it once in a while for me."

"That's really sweet of her. Different from the last time you mentioned her. I'm sure she is a nice lady."

"Yea she is," I say smiling. Eclipsa is awesome. Sometimes when Star is gone, I would spend time with Eclipsa. It could be small or just her teaching me some stuff. I learned the basics of guitar from her to. Which was hard but she was patient with me. Dinner went well. Catching up with my parents. I took my scissors out and waved them goodbye. I walked through and was back in my room. I plopped on my bed...... Okay maybe see the progress of Globgor. I hop off and head to his chamber, but I stop at the stair's. I was at the foyer. I look at the stairs. There was a rail. I walk up the stairs and get on the top of the stairs rail. I slide down letting the smile come. I don't know why I did that but I did. And it was fun. I started walking back to Globgor. I walk through seeing still nothing. I leaned on the wall. I slide down to the ground. Sorry Globgor. Eclipsa is sad you're not here. I mean you're here but not here to. Maybe one day Eclipsa can be fully happy. I see her sad sometimes but I let her go away when she needs to. I does make me said sad for a while knowing I can't help but she seems okay when I try cheering her up to. I don't know how long I stayed on the floor looking at the crystal. I finally pulled out my phone seeing the time. It's dark now. I head back to my room. I open the door of Star's room since mine was technically in her room. I see Star on her bed. She was sitting down.

"There you are!" I was confused.

"Star what happened at dinner?" I ask.

"I stayed with Tom's family. I'm sorry Marco but I wanted to make up with Tom after finding out something." I went to sit next to her.

"Apparently Tom talked to his mom about the kiss." I was still confused.

"Marco.... Tom talked to his mom that.... he didn't refer to him. He asks his mom what happened when you're in a relationship and if one kisses another person besides the one their dating and doesn't tell the other."

"That's pretty bad but maybe wanted to figure how to approach it."

"Marco! His mom thought I kissed you and I didn't tell him I did! But I didn't kiss you. He told me he kissed you. In the booth. We got into a little fight but after the lava came and it took Tom. I got scared and didn't care. I saved him. We talked and he explained it wasn't your fault. He was sorry that he didn't tell me but he didn't want to ruin my friendship with you or my relationship with him since we needed trust. He blamed the booth. That creepy guy tricked you guys since it seemed broken from the thousands of pictures, I made you guys take. So, I guess it was my fault you guys had to kiss each other in order to get out." He didn't tell her. About why I was so confused and scared. Thanks.... Tom.

"Yea..... He did kind of trick us and he took it by mistake as well. We decided not bringing it back up. But I guess the guilt got him. It was starting to get to me to. I'm really sorry Star. I should have told you."

"It's okay Marco. I just wanted to tell you I know now and it's fine. Also, I didn't go was because Tom's Mom has this thing where her emotions go with the weather so you can see why I couldn't go." I chuckled a bit.

"That's okay. I caught my parents up with what's happening here."

"Hugs?" She brings her arms out. I open mine and hug her back. I let go.

"I'm actually pretty tired. I'm going to bed. Night Star."

"Night Marco." I walk into my room. I go to my desk. I open it pulling out the photo strip. Yea..... accident.