Chapter 1: Introducing

tw//: bullying, harassment

Cameron's PoV
...

"Hello?"

"Hey! Can you hear me?"

"...wake the hell up!"

i felt a cold slap across my face and my eyes shot open as i sat up quickly. i looked to my right and saw a girl with midnight blue hair that faded into a darker black. She looked at me with an annoyed look on her face. "Finally." she said. i blinked a couple times and then began chuckling. "Sis you gotta remember, i'm a heavy sleeper!"

"You never used to be. i always remember that even the slightest touch of someone would wake you up." she said, sitting down next to me. "And i remember that you never liked it when i slept. Well look at you now!" i smiled at her although she still seemed annoyed with me.

"Hey! You two! You better not be doing anything troubling you little troublemakers." A voice yelled out to us. The both of us looked at where the voice came from and saw a taller man walking over to us. He had white hair and wolf ears with the inner parts being almost like a neon green or lime. It's hard to tell. "You worried about us big bro?" i rose a brow, asking him with a smirk. "No, not at all." he said sarcastically. me and my sister chuckled. "Charlotte, you're supposed to be bringing him back to the house." he said to my sister. Charlotte sighed. "i know. But this fucker wouldn't wake up."

i grinned, showing my fangs a bit. "Aren't i just the most annooooying person you have ever met!" Charlotte and my big brother both nodded in sync. i looked at both of them and let out a small sigh. "You two are so blunt!"

Charlotte chuckled. "You're just never fun."

"Uh, more like you two are never fun." i crossed my arms.

"Alright that's enough. C'mon Cameron let's get you back to the house." My big brother said. me and Charlotte stood up and held hands, following our big brother back to our house. It's not that long of a walk from where we were. i was just casually sleeping in a flower field full of alliums. Then these two come over and ruin my perfect naptime. Such party crashers. We soon arrived at our house and went inside. We were greeted by our older sister, Emiko. Avery was with her and they were drinking coffee. Ever since we rescued Avery from our old laboratory she seemed obsessed with coffee. "Hey big sis!" i waved to Avery. She waved back. "Welcome back Charlotte, Cameron, and Xavier!" she said to us.

"Alright now Cameron i want you to go to Remi and tell him he needs to go to the basement." Xavier said to me. i looked at him, being a bit confused. "But why? And you know he doesn't leave his room." i stated. Xavier nodded. "i know that. i just need to talk to him about something and it has to be in the basement. it's soundproof too so it'll be better."

i huffed. "Everything you do is private. Why don't you ever tell us what you do?" i asked. Charlotte looked at Xavier as well. "Cameron. Just go do what i told you." he said. i sighed and me and Charlotte went upstairs to Remi's room. i knocked on the door and waited. There was no response after 3 minutes. i knocked again, a bit louder this time. i heard shuffling in the room and then the handle on the door turned. The door opened and me and my sis looked up at Remi. "What do you two want?" he asked. "Xavier wants to talk to you. He says to meet in the basement." i said. Remi sighed and walked out, closing the door and going downstairs. He avoided any eye contact with anyone and immediately dashed to the basement.

"Weird." Charlotte mumbled. i lightly hit her on the head. "Don't say that! You know why he acts that way." "i know but it's still a bit weird- ow!" she rubbed her head after i lightly hit her again. i didn't like it when she called any of our siblings weird. i like to use the word...unique! it sounds much better than the word weird. Especially since most of us get called freaks almost everyday out in public. i know Charlotte doesn't mean any harm to anyone. She just isn't the greatest at using her words. "Hey sis, do you wanna head out into town?" i asked her. She looked at me and slowly nodded. i smiled and took her hand, running downstairs and out the door.

We made our way into the town we call Darkened Dawn which is where we grew up in. Actually, that isn't entirely true. We were born in Japan but shortly afterwards moved to America. At least, that is what our "mother" told us. Me and Charlotte walked along the road, near the sidewalk so we weren't directly in the middle. Not that many people lived in this town and i get why. Why live in a small town when you can just live in the big city right next to it? "Hey Cam."

i looked at my sister. "Yeah?"

"Why wasn't Emiko at work today?" she asked.

"Uh..oh! Big sis doesn't work on Mondays, remember? That's like her day off. Also she doesn't work on the weekends either." i said.

"Oh, okay."

We continued to walk for a while before coming upon the playground. Charlotte ran over and hopped onto the swings. She began swinging and humming a song. i walked over and sat on a rock near the swing set. We were having a chill time when two kids came over to us. One boy and one girl. The boy had short brown hair with blue eyes. He wore a basic outfit. The girl had blonde hair that faded into a pink with green eyes and again, a basic outfit. "Hey! What are you two doing?" The boy said to us. Me and Charlotte looked at each other and then at him. "Uhm, we are just chilling?" i responded, getting a bit nervous and i could tell Charlotte was too.

The boy spat at the ground and walked over to Charlotte. He grabbed her arm and threw her off the swing. She landed on the ground with a yelp. i immediately sat up from the rock. "HEY! Don't. Touch her." i said, getting angry. The boy chuckled. "Or what?" He looked at me. He then went over to Charlotte and began kicking at her. i yelled and ran at him but the girl held me back by my wrists. i moved my wrists around trying to get away from the girl but she had a tight grip on me. The boy just kept kicking at Charlotte and i couldn't do anything. Charlotte looked like she was about to start crying as she covered her face with her hands. i growled, starting to get really pissed off. "LEAVE HER ALONE!!" i screamed and the air around us froze. The boy stopped kicking and the girl's grip on me lessened.

i took this opportunity to get away from her and tackle the boy, pinning him down. i started punching his face continuously. Charlotte slowly sat up and held her head, groaning in pain. i looked over at her. "Sis?! What's wrong?" i asked worriedly. Charlotte was mumbling something and i couldn't understand her. She was speaking in a language i have never heard before. In fact, none of us have ever learned whatever she was speaking. i punched the boy bully one more time and then stood up, running over to Charlotte. i helped her stand up and took her hand, running away from the playground and back home.

hi hi! i do hope you enjoyed this chapter. it took me a while to write cause i really had no idea what to make it about, but here is the result of my boredom, lol
if you actually did like it you can click vote to help support my story! and if you have any ideas of what i could do for the second chapter, comment them below!

bye bye~!

word count: 1,381