Chapter 13: The Reputation

TW // small alcohol use

Charlotte's PoV

i swear i am going to punch someone straight in the face. our father is forcing us to come with him to a meeting for work. why the fuck are we needed? no reason. he just felt like taking us. it's Sunday and we have no school so i guess he just felt like bringing us along to his shitty work place. what's his job you ask? i don't know. really, i don't. i couldn't care about this fucker at all to even care what his job is, you think i know? he does something and he gets money for it. no wonder he's always able to donate to our school and also pay for it at the same time. actually, i don't even think he pays for it. me, Cameron and Xavier probably go to school for free because of how popular and well known our father is. we walked up to the sliding double doors that opened for us and walked into the big office building. it looked way fancier than it should have which says a lot. we go up a few flight of stairs until we come upon a meeting room with a long rectangle table and a bunch of chairs around the sides. "you two can wait out here. it might take an hour or so for this meeting to be over, so just behave, alright? that means do not get in trouble." he said to us before walking into the room.

there were no thick walls to the meeting room, more like glass walls. me and Cameron walked around the floor a bit, seeing people, seeing what they were working on, and even annoying some of the workers there cause it was funny. we found somewhere to rest, Cameron sitting down in a comfy chair and i leaned against the wall, arms crossed. it was maybe about 7 minutes and i was already bored. "ugh, let's just leave." i said. Cameron looked at me confused. "what?" "you heard me. let's leave the building and go find something fun to do. it'll be better than just sitting here and waiting for our asshole of a father to get done with a meeting." i said. of course, i could see the hesitance on my brothers face. he then stood up from the chair and i smiled at him. we held hands as we walked to find the stairs, eventually finding them and walking down until we got to the front lobby. to our surprise, there was a built in, mini starbucks in the building. i actually don't know how we didn't spot that at first on our way in. "OOOO! Cameron let's get something to drink!" i said to him and he nodded in agreement.

we walked into the starbucks and saw a few booths nearby. i didn't plan for us to stay here and drink so we didn't bother sitting down. we were deciding on what to get, as if that was a tough decision cause we usually only get one drink, and then we heard someone shout our names. both of our heads turned to the voice and as soon as we saw the person, we knew it was going to be a bad time. it was that same girl with the pink peach colored hair and golden eyes from school. 'you have got to be fucking kidding me.' i groaned and crossed my arms as the girl walked over to us. "hey! it's very rare to see you two out of school." she said to us, smiling so innocently. "why are you here?" i turned to her and tried to act as calm as i could. "our dad brought us here for some reason. i guess it's a work thing." i said. "ohh, your dad works here? i guess that's a cool thing. wait! isn't your dad like the top donator to our school?" she asked me. i sighed. "yes. yes he is."

"that's also cool! man you two live such a cool life!" she exclaimed. i hated her fucking guts. she was acting all innocent for what reason? probably to piss me off. "why are you here, Penelope?" i asked her. she put her hands behind her back and looked up as if she was thinking of a reason. "hmmm... no reason in particular other than i'm here with my mother! she came to print off some papers for work and i tagged along!" she said, her smile annoying me more and more. i just wanted to stop this conversation already. so i did. "why are you talking to us." i said in an annoying tone. she suddenly stopped smiling and stared at me. "i have to. as annoying and weird as you two are, my mother said i had to be nice today to anyone i met. my brother is watching us right now from afar." she said, putting a hand on her hip. "oh fuck off. you're just here to annoy the fuck out of us because you can."

"hm.. maybe. but then again it all works out for me in the en-"

i punched her in the face and she fell to the ground. i didn't want to hold back any longer, she was annoying me. "s-sis! what the heck?!" Cameron looked at me worriedly. people around us were looking at us, whispering things. Cameron took me by the arm and we ran out of the starbucks and to an elevator. we got into the elevator and pressed a button, it taking us up. "Char what the hell was that? why did you punch her, i know you could've lasted longer!" i looked at my brother and sighed. "what did you want from me?! i couldn't stand her annoying ass behavior any longer! you know how she is at school!" Cameron just sighed and sat down on a chair. "our father's meeting should be over soon... we don't tell him about this, okay?" he looked at me in the eyes and i knew he was serious. "fine." i said and sat down in a chair next to my brother.

we waited about 15 minutes and our father walked around the corner. "there you two are." he said, walking over. "my meeting is done, let's go now." he began walking off and me and Cameron followed him.

Cameron's PoV

we arrived at home and me and Charlotte settled down on the couch. i saw my sister watching Zero and Rachel play together and i even saw a small smile on her face. i then looked away and noticed our father getting a cup from the pantry and pouring alcohol in it. i sighed and got up from the couch, Charlotte not even hesitating to come with me. we just watched our father get absolutely drunk and then left to our bedroom. i sighed and sat on my bed with my legs criss crossed. "you know, he's getting worse." Charlotte said to me. i looked at her. "yeah. i know." Merc and Moot came into the room, Merc going onto my lap and Moot clinging to Charlotte's leg. we both chilled in our room for a while, checking social medias and whatever. then, Xavier opened the door and we both looked at him. "hey you two. i wanted to ask you something." he said. me and Charlotte looked at each other and then back at him. "go ahead," we both said at the same time.

"how would you two feel about having your own separate rooms? obviously both would be right across from each other as you two have separation anxiety, but because you're getting older it might be nice to have your privacy." Xavier asked. me and Charlotte had to think about it obviously. as of right now, we lived in the same room together and it was nice, but having our own rooms would also be really cool. so, we both nodded at him and he smiled. "alright! i'll have Malik and Avery start working on it. if you want Cam, we can keep this room as your own, just remodel it." he looked at me. "yeah that sounds fine." i said. with that all sorted out, Xavier left. "well, that was.. random." Charlotte mentioned. "yeah but it'll be alright. i mean having our own rooms will be nice." i said and Charlotte gave a little 'mhm'. she then went back to her bed and layed down as i went back to just scrolling through social medias.

hihi, i hope you all enjoyed this chapter
now, very important news: i start school tomorrow
hooray (this is sarcasm)
due to school i wont be updating as much and chapters might be a bit shorter than usual
anyways that is all, hope you guys have a great day/night!

Word Count: 1,424