Chapter 9: Home

tw// self-harm

Cameron's PoV

i sat on my bed as i stared out the window, watching the rain drops fall down from the very grey sky. Xavier wasn't letting me or Charlotte go outside today, makes sense. i heard Charlotte played video games on her laptop upstairs. she was making little sounds like "neh" or "pew", you know? i then heard her slam her hand against the desk and get up. i saw her stepping down the ladder. "what's wrong?" i asked her. "nothing. i'm getting something to eat." she said before leaving and closing the door. i was now alone, but it was fine. i decided to get up and crouched down next to my bed. i pulled out an acoustic guitar from under it. i then stood back up and sat back down on my bed.

the guitar was already tuned but because i wanted to make sure, i tuned it all again to how i wanted it to be. then, i started playing. "often, i am upset.. that i cannot fall in love, but i guess.. this avoids the stress of falling out of it~... are you tired of me yet? i'm a little sick right now but i swear.. when i'm ready i will fly us out of here.... mm-mm-mm-mm-mm~ i'll cut my hair.. mm-mm-mm-mm-mm~ to make you stare.. mm-mm-mm-mm-mm! i'll hide my chest and i'll figure out a way to get us out of here..." i continued to play and sing the song, the sound of rain in the background calming me down. "turn off your porcelain face.. i can't really think right now and this place.. has too many colors, enough to drive all of us insane... are you dead? sometimes i think i'm dead.. cause i can feel ghost and ghouls wrapping my head.. but i don't wanna fall asleep just yet... ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh~ my eyes went dark.. ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh~ i don't know where.. ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh! my pupils are but i'll figure out a way to get us out of here~!"

for a split moment, i left my jacket fall off my shoulders, revealing a few scars and cuts around my arms. "get a load of this monster...he doesn't know how to communicate...his mind is in a different place, will everybody please give him a little bit of space... get a load of this trainwreck...his hairs a mess and he doesn't know who he is yet.. but little do we know, the stars welcome him with open, arms~...oh.."

then, there was a knocking sound on the door. i froze up and stop playing and singing. i looked at the door as it opened and Charlotte was there, standing in the doorway. she just stared at me before speaking, "hey..." she sounded a bit quiet. she also seemed to be in a better mood from earlier. "oh..hey.." i said and placed my guitar leaning against my bed. Charlotte walked over and sat in front of me, her legs criss crossed while i rested my arms on my knees pulled up to my chest. it was very silent as we did not talk to each other for what seemed to be 5 or 6 minutes. "hey uhm- your jacket-" as Charlotte began talking i finally noticed my jacket was slid off my shoulders. i quickly pulled both sides back up and hugged my legs. "it's alright. we both share an equal amount of pain."

i just remained silent and avoided eye contact, just staring at the floor. i then heard the sound of sleeves being rolled up and looked back up at Charlotte. she was holding a box cutter and held it against her skin. "w-what are you-" she then made a cut and i got a worried look in my eyes. she smiled at me though, like she didn't mind it. she then handed me the box cutter. i just stared at it and hesitated. i then took it and pulled my jacket off, revealing faded cuts on my forearms. i stared, again, at the cuts and sighed before making even more. "why did...you do that?" i asked my sister, not looking at her.

"i don't mind, and...your my twin brother. i don't want you to feel alone." she said. i lightly chuckled, putting the box cutter away in my jean pocket. "you know, cutting isn't the best way to feel better, right?" i looked at her. she nodded and then asked, "then why do you do it?"

i stared at her. i didn't know the answer to that. most people cut because they want relief, or they do it for fun, or maybe they're depressed. i don't know why i do it. i smiled at her. "hell if i know." she smiled back and then gave me a hug. i hugged back. "hey, let's go bother Anabelle and Zero, watcha say?" i asked. Charlotte nodded with a giggle and grabbed my hand as we both ran out the door.

i know this isn't long but i wanted to write something and this popped up in my mind
shared a little bit more personal information about the Twins

song i used:
Home by Cavetown

Word Count: 815