Chapter 7: Let's Talk.

No one's PoV

When Cameron and Charlotte returned home, Xavier and Emiko asked them why they were gone for hours and what happened since they saw the scar on Cameron's ear. Neither of the Twins answered their question except for what happened to Cameron's ear, in which they made up the excuse "i tripped and it hit a branch". The Twins spent time with Zero and Anabelle, watching movies. Xavier went to Avery who was in the kitchen washing dishes. "Hey Ave, have you sensed anything..odd with Cam and Char?" he asked. She looked at him, still washing the dishes. "No? Maybe. They seem fine to me." she said. Xavier sighed. "i know...but they worry me a lot when they just disappear for hours. Especially when they don't text me or Emi.."

Avery stopped what she was doing and turned to Xavier. She pat his shoulders to give him reassurance. "Did they tell you what they were doing before they left?" "No! that's why i was really worried. they didn't even tell us they left the house and they usually do." Xavier said, crossing his arms. Avery removed her hands from his shoulders and softly smiled. "Talk to them tomorrow. They seem uneasy right now so let them have fun for a while." Xavier nodded and went upstairs to his room.

The next day, Xavier immediately went into the Twins' room. He saw that they weren't there so he checked downstairs. He let out a sigh of relief and saw them sitting at the counter with Zero. He went over to them and asked them to come into a hallway of the house. When Xavier got them alone, he asked, "Why didn't you two tell any of us you left the house yesterday?" The Twins both got an anxious look on their face, Charlotte looking more annoyed. "we weren't in the mood. after the whole Hannah thing we just wanted to be alone." Charlotte said with her arms crossed. Xavier sighed. "You still could have at least texted one of us what you were doing. Oh and, don't think i'm going to believe that lie you told us. Cam, what really happened to your ear?"

Cameron tensed up a bit. He didn't want to tell his older brother that they ran into Dr. Chaotic and were taken back to their lab. He didn't want anyone to panic or worry. "i..." "why does that matter? why can't you just believe our word?" Charlotte interrupted. It seemed like she was trying to defend her twin brother, but it didn't fool Xavier. "why can't i believe your word? because you two are little lying rascals!" He yelled. That pissed off Charlotte. "well then SCREW YOU!" She yelled back, grabbing Cameron's hand and storming outside. "Where are you going?!" Xavier yelled but neither of the Twins answered.

The Twins ran pretty far from their house, not paying attention to where though. They ended up finding a waterfall surrounded by willow trees.

 They ended up finding a waterfall surrounded by willow trees

The Twins slowed down and took in the scenery. They had never seen anything more beautiful in their lives. "how did...we find this?" Cameron asked, slowly looking at his sister whose eyes sparkled with amazement. She was just as shocked as he was, she was speechless. "it's so beautiful..." She said, walking over to the ledge. She sat down leaning on her side, her legs bent and pressed together. Cameron sat down next to her with his legs criss-crossed. They both just sat in silence, watching the water fall. Although the two of them didn't like water contact all that much, just the sight of water was pretty to them.

Cameron was in deep thought, thinking back to what happened at the lab. 'How did i do that? i've never had that much power..' He thought. "Hey Cam..." Cameron looked at his sister. "Yes?" She looked at him. "What you did at the lab...could that be...your demon form?" she asked. Cameron could tell she was anxious by how she was speaking. He also got an anxious feeling, not liking the question. "i would hope not."

"they haven't been active in years."

"i know."

Charlotte changed positions, she now hugging her legs, knees up to her chin. Cameron put a hand on her head, patting her. She smiled and looked back at the water. "i wouldn't worry about it for now. if it happens again, we'll ask Mochi to run test." Cameron said. Charlotte nodded and closed her eyes. After a while, she fell asleep, her head now on her brothers lap. Cameron was still awake. It's not surprising. He's able to stay up for days and not get tired. A few hours later, Cameron hears a sound in the bushes behind them. He slowly looks behind and sees Xavier walk out. "How did you two find this place...?" he asked, walking over. Cameron shrugged. "we just came upon it. y'know..trying to get away from you."

Xavier felt slightly offended by that. "ouch...okay...look, i'm really sorry Cam. i didn't mean to call you and your sister liars."

"no no, it's fine. i mean, you're not completely wrong."

"still, the fact you two even consider yourselves liars is a problem."

Cameron looked at Xavier in the eyes, surprisingly, since he doesn't like eye contact. "Why are you here." Xavier sighed. "Please, while Char is asleep, tell me what actually happened yesterday.."

Cameron didn't mind. So he did. He told Xavier everything that happened with Alastor, the lab, and what his powers did. Xavier was in shock. "Cameron-" "yes, i know. this might be our forms becoming active again. Char thinks it's our demon forms...or at least mine."

"Are you going to ask Mochi about it?" Xavier asked.

Cameron nodded. "only if it happens again. i don't want to rush to conclusions."

"Alright. you're the smartest one here. i hope you'll know what to do....uhm, when you two are ready you can come back to the house." Xavier said and then turned around, leaving.

another short chapter i know but the next one might be even longer so look forward to that :)

Word Count: 1,003