Chapter 8: Sibling Reunion

Charlotte's PoV

i was sitting with Cameron on the front porch of our house, Kiki and Scar with us. Cameron was playing on his nintendo switch while i was watching him play. He was playing one of his favourite games, sky:children of light. it's a pretty chill game he loves to play when he's bored. after an hour of playing the game, we both heard the front door open and turned around to see Avery. She gave us one of her smiles, not as creepy as before but she's working on it. "Hey Ave, what's up?" i asked. "Micah is here with Spirit." she said. that kind of confused us because we were literally sitting on the front porch of our house, but we shrugged it off. Cameron turned off his switch and put it in his messenger bag. we both stood up, let Kiki and Scar hop on our shoulders, and went inside with Avery.

we walked up to our bedroom and saw Micah and Spirit sitting on Cameron's bed. "Hey you two! why the sudden urge to visit us?" i asked, Kiki hopping down onto Spirit's lap. Spirit giggled and pet Kiki softly. "Are we not allowed to visit our best friends?" Micah rose a brow at me. i smirked. "Depends. did you bring us pocky?" i crossed my arms. Micah also smirked and tossed me strawberry pocky and threw to Cameron blueberry pocky. i laughed. "Haha, yes! you're the best Micah!" i tossed down his hood and ruffled up his hair. He laughed in response. "we actually wanted to see if you two were down to explore some abandoned buildings today." Spirit asked. me and Cameron looked at each other and smiled, looking back at her. "Hell yeah!" we both said.

Spirit smiled and bounced up with excitement, making Kiki scramble off her lap and back onto my shoulder. "great! then let's get going!" she grabbed my wrist and we ran out the room, Micah and my brother followed along. we went down the stairs and began running to the doorway when Xavier stopped us. "hold up. where are you all going?" he asked. i sighed in annoyance. of course he had to ask us where we were going. i can tell he's been taking precautions in the last week. "we are just going to explore places. we'll be fine, promise." i said. Xavier stared at me in the eyes for a second and then nodded. "alright."

the four of us continued out the door and into the forest, heading towards Darkened Dawn but not exactly to the town. we soon arrived at some spooky and abandoned building, almost looked like a restaurant. the sign was all torn and you couldn't make out what the restaurant was called. Spirit walked over to a broken window and entered through there. me, Cameron, and Micah followed her. inside was what a usual restaurant would look like. tables, chairs, a couple walls, and posters advertising their food. some of the posters were torn and ripped. "this place looks like shit." i said. "i mean it is abandoned. most abandoned places look horrible." Spirit said, picking up some glass from a table. i looked around and realized something. "wait, where did Micah go?" Cameron and Spirit both looked at me and then also began looking around. he wasn't in the building so that worried us. "i'm going out to look for him," Cameron said as he left the building.

Cameron's PoV

i ran out the building and started searching for Micah. where could he have wandered off to? in fact, neither of us heard him leave. he wouldn't have left very quietly cause there was an echo in the restaurant and glass was almost everywhere. i ventured deeper into the forest and then stopped. i looked behind me. 'how had i gotten so far from the restaurant so quickly? i didn't even walk for that long.' i slowly turned back around and in front of me, fog started forming. 'fog? what the heck where is this coming from?' i thought i saw something in the fog and squinted my eyes a bit. when i saw the shadow of someone in the fog, my eyes widened as i saw them carrying someone in their hand. the person stepped closer out of the fog and i froze. the person was carrying Micah by the neck, he seemed to be struggling but i couldn't do anything out of fear. the person holding Micah...she wasn't someone we liked.

"Well~...what are you boys doing out here with all, this, fog~?" she looked at me, a wicked smirk on her face. i wanted to punch her. "let Micah go." i demanded. she chuckled and threw him to the ground in front of her. i felt my heart beating in my chest and felt i was able to move again. i ran to Micah quickly, grabbing him and then teleporting back to the spot i ran from. as soon as i did that, the woman was behind me and kicked me very far into the fog. i felt my back hit a tree very hard and i screamed out of pain. the fog then disappeared as quick as it came. "Leave him alone, Pandora!" i heard Micah yell. Pandora looked down at her little brother. she saw in his eyes was innocence and he was practically begging for her to just leave. she smirked at this. "Now, why would i leave and miss out a chance to hang with my little brother? you know how long it's been." 

"you know i hate you!"

"how sweet." she said sarcastically.

"why are you back? you should be off living your life hurting people!" Micah said, using his forearms to stand up on his knees. Pandora allowed him to stand up completely, taking a few steps back so he wasn't so close to her. "well i was...but then you came into my thoughts and so i wanted to pay a visit. i didn't know you were with your...friends." "and you should keep it that way. i don't want to see you and i dont need to see you." Micah glared at her. Pandora chuckled loudly. She put her hand on Micah's head and in 0.5 seconds she had grabbed his hair and threw him near a tree. She then zoomed over to me and picked me up by the back of my neck. She held me up high but it didn't feel like she was choking me. Micah had gotten up and glared at Pandora. "leave me and my friends alone!"

"then come back home, Micah." she said, her voice sounding almost soft for a second. "we miss you." Micah scoffed. "yeah, i'm sure you would. you know why i left the clan." Pandora was silent at that. the story that Micah told us was that he grew up and lived in a clan called the Oceanic Clan, full with hybrid sea creatures. he left one day because he found out that they basically just kill human beings for food. it was very silent for a minute...then the tree behind us snapped and fell forward. out of panic i'm guessing, Pandora threw me over to Micah and she teleported out of the way as the tree crashed down. i shakily stood up and saw Charlotte and Spirit running to us. "CAMERON! MICAH!" she yelled.

the two of them stood by us, almost looking defensive. i'm guessing they saw Pandora who now stood on top of a rock. "more of your friends." she sighed. "pathetic. one day you will have to realize you cannot depend on people to help you in life. the clan taught you that." she said, staring at Micah. he stared right back. "i don't need to depend on them. it's more like they depend on me." the two siblings had a long glare at each other before Pandora turned and disappeared. Charlotte looked at me and Micah. "why was Pandora here?" "she was trying to take Micah..." i said.

Charlotte sighed, crossing her arms. "she needs to learn when to leave people the fuck alone. she needs to let them live their goddamn lives...anyways, are you two okay?" she asked. i nodded. "yeah-" "no, actually, we aren't." Micah said, looking at me with a face i couldn't even describe right now. "what happened?" Charlotte asked. Micah gently put his hand on my shoulder. "this one has a broken back. caused by my sister." he said and i shook my head. "n-no! it's probably just my spine that's broken.." Micah then gave me a 'you have got to me kidding me' face. "that is literally what controls your back-"

"okay okay fine!" i hmphed and crossed my arms. my sister sighed and took my hand. "we'll get going then. see you two tomorrow maybe." she said to our friends and then the both of us left.

hihi! i hope you enjoyed this chapter because i had fun making it :)
yes yes Micah has an older sister named Pandora. in this story Micah is currently 14(march 5th) and Pandora is 18(december 18th)
also, everyone in this story started out 2 years younger than their current age since this story takes place two years before. so micah is actually 16 rn and pandora is 21
anyways, have a nice day/night!!

Word Count: 1,483