Chapter 10: The Governments Problem

No one's PoV

9:46am

the streets of New York City were very busy this morning. loud car noises and not much chatter. people were in a rush to get to where they needed to be. of course, this was just how New York always was. Charlotte and Cameron walked into the Starbucks they always went to and went up to order. as always, Emiko was the one to take their order. "Are you two here for anything?" she asked them. Charlotte shrugged. Cameron looked at her and then looked at Emiko. "Big sis, what are your hours for today?" he asked. Emiko thought for a second to remember and then answered, "9am to 3pm. why?"

Charlotte let out a heavy sigh. "what's up with her?" Emiko asked, pointing at her younger sister. "oh- Remi pissed her off this morning." Cameron said. Emiko sighed. "of course. Remi's usually behavior. anyways, do you two want your usual coffee?" she asked. The Twins nodded and Emiko put in their order. She accepted Cameron's payment and then went over to start making their drinks. The Twins walked over to a booth and sat down across from each other. Charlotte put her elbow on the table and rested her cheek in her hand. "Sis, just let it go. he didn't mean it-"

"he means everything he does."

"he isn't that rude, Char."

"oh yeah, cause you know him better than anyone else does." she said, crossing her arms together on the table. "neither of us do! Xavier is the one that knows him more. they are always having those talks in the basement ever since we got out from the lab. you know that Remi doesn't know what happened to us in that place..." Cameron said, thinking he could be reasonable here. "Anabelle and Rachel don't know what happened to us and they aren't rude or arrogant!" Charlotte said. Cameron knew she was right. Anabelle is more silent and Rachel is more hyper. neither of them are ever rude unless they are upset, and Anabelle rarely gets upset. a minute later and Emiko brought over the two coffees for the Twins. "enjoy." she said and left.

the two of them enjoyed their drinks and then minutes later, they left the Starbucks. while walking along the streets, they heard people whispering, talking about things. Cameron overheard one conversation while passing by.

"did you hear? there's a warrant out for some troublemaker group."

"really?"

"yeah. they call themselves The Syndicate. sounds so lame."

"wait what? that does sound lame."

Cameron held Charlotte's hand, gripping tightly. Charlotte looked at him and saw an uncomfortable look on his face. she had overheard those people talking as well. The Twins hated bad talk about this Syndicate group since the two of them thought there was nothing wrong with it. they even heard one time on the news that the group was strongly about freedom and was out to rid the government since they thought the government did a terrible job at what they did. the group was first discovered in Japan and then somehow spread to America. in fact, the group didn't even get their name until spreading to America as more people found out about them.

Charlotte and Cameron walked some more and then they heard an explosion from down the street. suddenly, a building was on fire and civilians were panicking. a normal person would start running away from this, but the Twins ran towards it. they wanted to see what was happening. as soon as they ran over, people were thrown out of the windows and onto the street, surprisingly not getting hurt. another person came out of the window and climbed onto the roof of the building. it wasn't that tall of a building, people could see the person and were taking pictures of them. the person had medium to long black hair that faded into red. over their face they wore a black bunny mask with weird looking red eyes. their outfit was hard to make out but the Twins couldn't figure it out before the person ran off.

there was so much whispering and talking that the loudness drove the Twins into an alleyway. they both just rested there, leaning on the wall. then, they heard a noise nearby and looked around. when Cameron looked up, he saw the person from earlier jump down from a roof, landing in front of the Twins. the person pulled down their hood and took their bunny mask off. their eyes were a crimson red and they had a scar over their lips and nose. The Twins smiled at the person and gave them a big hug. they both pulled away and smiled. "Acer! it's great to see you again!" Charlotte exclaimed. Acer giggled in response and nodded. "now, why did you cause that explosion?" Cameron asked.

Acer looked at Cameron and sighed, doing sign language. 'for you two.' Cameron and Charlotte looked at each other and then back at their friend. "for the Syndicate...?" Cameron asked. Acer nodded and replied with, 'sorry if it was too much.' "no, it's completely fine. we just didn't want you to get caught." Charlotte said, putting her hands behind her head. Acer made the okay sign with their hand, knowing that the Twins were alright with what happened. "well, do we want to head over to Spirit and Micah?" Cameron asked his sister. Charlotte thought for a few seconds before nodding. The Twins held hands as they and Acer walked off near the forest. approaching the forest, the Twins were soon tackled by two people. when they both turned over, they saw Spirit and Micah with smiling faces. The Twins stood up, helping their friends up. "Hey! it's the mysterious cRImSoN mAsK!" Micah said in a funny voice, looking at Acer who just rolled their eyes.

'you're stupid.' Acer signed and Micah punched their shoulder as the two of them let out a laugh. "we were actually just looking for you two," Cameron said. "what made you two decide to look for us?" "oh well...we actually have some news..." Spirit said. "it isn't good," Micah added on. "lets go to the warehouse. it'll be much more private." he said as he and the others headed to where their secret hideout was. they got to the big, abandoned warehouse and shoved open the door, everyone walking in. Spirit and Acer walked over to the couch and sat down on opposite ends, Micah walked over to one of the comfy chairs and the Twins stood in front of the broken fireplace. "Alright, Micah, Spirit. what's the news you have to tell us?" Charlotte asked. Spirit and Micah looked at each other and then back at the Twins. "Void and Violet have found a way into this dimension." Micah said.

the Twins froze up. Void and Violet. versions of Cameron and Charlotte from a different dimension, one where they are much more evil and have no sense of good in them. "b-but...t-they would have to..w-what...?" Cameron stuttered, feeling very anxious. Charlotte's hands turned into fists and her nails began digging into her skin, bleeding a bit. "fuck," she said as she walked over to one of the staircases and went up. Acer let out a sigh as Cameron ran a hand through his hair. "we could ask our opposites to-" Micah began but Cameron quickly held a hand up as a sign for him to stop talking. "no....the opposites are no help at all. last time they tried to help, all of us almost died." he said. "yes but Cam, what else could we do?" Micah asked, knowing Cameron had no other ideas in mind.

"let's get the opposites involved." Charlotte said from where she was standing on the staircase. Cameron looked at her in shock. "are you kidding!? Char c'mon, our opposites are dangerous!"

"but they are not as dangerous as Void and Violet!" she yelled, her voice making everyone silent as a mouse. The Twins had a long stare at each other before Cameron sighed. "do you want to be the one to summon them?" he asked, staring at her again. Charlotte nodded and walked back down the stairs. She opened up her hand and held it out, palm facing down. a summoning circle appeared on the ground underneath where the palm was facing. the outline of the circle was a bright and neon purple. two figures appeared in the summoning circle and came into full shape. they looked like the Twins but pastel hair and crazier clothing.

"Coraline. Christian," Charlotte said to them as they looked at her. "we really need your help."

hello!! i hope you did enjoy this chapter!
now, the syndicate group members involve the Twins, Spirit, Micah, Acer, and Mochi(whose name i will change). The other two members who haven't been introduced are Clover and Tori
anyways have a nice day/night!!

Word Count: 1,450