03

"are you alright? you sure you don't need some rest?" Chanwoo handed Jungkook a cold water bottle that he had gotten from the long hospital hall vending machine after noticing that Jungkook was still lost in his own mind. Jungkook took it by his hand after gazing at it like a newborn child.

it's been hours since they were here with the bad news of her sudden unconscious fall. thankfully Chanwoo had help took her to the hospital after Jungkook had carried her out of the taekwondo club.

Jungkook sat on the waiting chair outside of the emergency room that had been shut for a couple of hours now, deranged and having repetitive silent raving after what had happened, "I was out last night, what exactly happened?" Jungkook slowly mumbles, confuse and curious eager.

"she had a bag with her," Chanwoo planned to go into clear detail, "maybe she was planning to run away from home but when I found you in one of the Seoul A Bar's rooms, unconscious, she was also there. she looked lost and devasted so I suggested that she sleepover at your place. when I showed her your guest room, I step out to finish some tasks. and when I came back, I found some of your empty soju bottles on the kitchen counter and her in your room." Chanwoo explained.

Jungkook raffled his hair, after having a flash to acquire the encounter that he had with her at the Seoul A Bar's room, "you should have told me sooner," he sighed, realizing that he was wrongly accusing her of doing him dirty. he regret it, maybe he should have let her explain and controlled himself. now that he knows, he was guilty about the scrape of her palms and the intention of wanting her to lose on the match. he should have never pushed her so harshly.

"oh dear, how is she?" Mrs. Kim rushed down the hall holding her light blue leather purse in her sweaty grasp, concerned about her daughter. everyone else came rushing behind her, his parents and both of hers. they wear the worries on their face for this unexpected call.

"good evening, the doctor came out earlier and said she will be fine for now. the reason for her condition is because she hasn't eaten anything for the past 24 hours and due to exhaustion of body uses." Chanwoo steps out to inform them.

"the patient is up and can have visitors now, but due to the rules of the hospital, only one person can visit her at a time." the doctor finally came out, the second time, of the bright room announcing. "that's a relief," Mrs. Jeon stutters.

both sides of the parents sigh in relief, making their way to the door, waiting to go in to check on her but before they all knew it, Jungkook had already pushed through all of them and budge into the room.

"are any of you Kim Jennie's parents?" the doctor cut them off, "yes," Mr. Kim responded. "if we could have you guys fill out the paperwork for her short stay, it would be nice." the doctor suggested as they both nodded with a gentle pat of Mr. Jeon and Mrs. Jeon on their arms, letting them know that they'll look over their daughter for the time being.

once the door was heard jammed, Jennie fended to the side of who was coming in. to her vague, she watches his stomps that got closer and angrily as if she had offended him again. he looked like the aggressive and apathetic one who pushed her down this morning.

Jungkook stood there in silence hearing the machine of her normal MPV heartbeat beep and seeing the IV bags of clear water that dripped down the small tube that was inserted into her blue veins covered with a white tape. then he studies her hand which was now newly and properly bandaged.

he flinched with a one-beat chuckle while thinking back to when she took off the bandage for the Taekwondo match. how badly she wanted to win over him when she knew she did nothing wrong all along. she kept her dried-up and pale lip tight though, thinking that he was laughing because of her condition now. it was embarrassing for him to see her like this.