08

Jungkook decided to not speak of anything.

at the table that was filled with Jennie's peals of laughter, he didn't want to ruin it just like that with something he wasn't so sure of himself. he sat there stabbing his chopsticks into the bowl of cold rice that have not yet been reached at the bottom of the shallow bowl.

"Jungkook dear, what are you thinking so hard that you didn't touch any inch of your rice?" Mrs. Kim glances over at him with her delightful smile but worries on her eyebrows.

just then, his gaze wanders over to Jennie and back to Mrs. Kim who was asking the question. he thought he heard someone call him from the table. all eyes on him as he found his tongue-tied.

"I urm-" his phone ringed in time to save him from giving the wrong answer to the unheard question from her. he excuses himself out of the table and into the living room while the three watch him in silence.

"yes mother?" he answered rubbing his nape from the awkwardness a second ago.

"hi dear, are you busy? I have a favor to ask," Mrs. Jung replied. Jungkook looked back towards the table that was no longer staring at him and now minding their own business. as much as wanting to put off the favor, he didn't want to go back just yet for their questions.

"yes," he responded, proceeding to the ivy plants that were set at the corner of their living room towards the big clear glass windows.

"for tonight's dinner, can you stop by Peter Pan bakery shop and pick up the set of bread I ordered? I was too busy setting and cooking that I forgot to pick it up on the way home," she asked. Jungkook nodded with the phone, "sure mother, we can go get it when we come over," he responded and hang up with a quick smile in response to end the phone call.

he turned back, slipping the phone into his shallow dress pants pocket once again. his head hits Jennie's head and they both quickly rubbed their head in pain, "I'm sorry" she apologize.

he bite his lips and gaze at her who had on a suspicious smile, "why are you-" before he could even finish his sentence, she grasp onto his forearm and push them out into the backyard.

she closed the door behind her and had to keep dragging him into a secretive bush path that get hooked up on his distressed dress pants. yet he made it through all of that with the tug of her hand.

"where are you taking me?" he asked after sorting out a swimming pool a few feet away from where they were heading. "away," she quickly responded.

"away? why- I mean wait!" he deepen his stand with a frozen of his footstep and tighten the grip of her towards him, "what do you mean away? we haven't even finished eating with your parents-" he raised his brows.

"it's better than sitting there all lost in your head while they asked you questions that you can't even catch on right?" she let her hand free after feeling a tighter squeeze of discomfort and crossed her arm against her lower chest.

he contemplated, "but it could come out rude to them?"

"I don't care, it's better to drag you here than let you sit there with nothing to talk about," she muttered worriedly. just when he thought he could steal a glance, she took off her shoes and approach the edge of the swimming pool, dipping both of her feet into the blue, cold, and chlorine liquid.

she doesn't remember being here as much as when she was younger and when Yoongi would come around and hang out for a swim. but the water was still kept clean as if nothing or dust was able to fall into them despite it being left open without a pool sheeting. the crystal clear water set her mind back to her childhood day and soon a smile lingers on her lips.