09

Seokjin stood aside from the door entrance of the short stay room of the hospital, crossing his arm waiting and observing the stiff-headed and anxious Jennie as the nurse bandaged her head. he didn't realize that he was staring a bit too long until a tiny smile slip out on his full pink lips.

he quickly covered it by stroking the middle of his high nose bridge, recalling the thousands of times when she would get injuries from gym classes and through every time he was the one to carry her to the nurse's office.

"there is a bit of redness around the cut but good thing you made it here in time for the antibiotics, if not it would have gotten worst. it should heal in a couple of days, I will have your discharge paper ready in a couple of minutes and give you extra bandages to change. make sure to change it twice a day so that it does not get infected," one of the gentle beaming nurses directed Jennie aloud.

Jennie nodded watching the nurse leave the room with the cart of blood and strings before she glimpses over to Seokjin who beamed at the nurse with an appreciative bow.

"sorry to trouble you," she said as soon as he met eyes with her. he darted off her gaze towards her head approaching her in small steps, "don't mention it, I'm glad you're fine," he said.

the softness of his voice made her head turn while she called to mind an hour ago of the incident. 'keep your eyes open for me' whether it was out of immediate response to her being injured or not, it did keep her from being afraid when Jungkook walked out of the room.

she found a little comfort in them, knowing that Seokjin had always been through those times with her before. but she doubts that he would recall those times since he had decided to disappear from her sight. she was convinced that he must have forgotten all of them for him to leave so easily.

"is Jungkook alright?" she remembered. he nodded his head, "I told Jungwoo to follow him and make sure he was safe, he's at the taekwondo club," he explained assuring her to not worry. she slightly nods, worrying twice more than she had before.

after the nurse had prescribed Jennie some ointment and extra bandages, she was now in the silent yet moving ambient of Seokjin's car. the street lights travel through the reflective front and rear mirrors underneath the dark blue night. his hand on the wheel, stirring them to the direction of Jungkook's place. she pursed her lips and let her head fall back to the seat as she slowly let her eyes close. through many turns and stops, she fell asleep.

when a bit of coldness swished through her dried and pale face, she woke her up. looking around, she was now in a parked car in a parking lot surrounded by lights to brighten the way for people to park their car. startle, she notices no single car or people.

she glances over to the driver's seat and notices Seokjin's gone. she unbuckle her seatbelt and came forward with her sitting while dropping the ointment and bandages onto the car mat just below her knees.

nobody nor Seokjin came into sight and with the only car being parked there, her guts panicked. she grabs the car door opens and got out, looking at the area around her. "Seokjin?" she mumbled scared that someone who isn't him would hear and come out to her.

"Seokjin?!" she now moved away from the car and underneath a tall standing light. her heart begins beating fastly against her chest thinking of every possible way and scenario of him disappearing again.

"Jin-"

"Jennie," he dashes in smiles skipping towards her from the back. he held out the two warm coffee drinks of each hand towards her but then frowned upon seeing her slightest glossy eyes. her lips shiver awfully, "are you... alright?"