05

"sir, this way" Jungmo directed Seokjin into the meeting office room of twenty other important holders within the company. "good morning, COO Kim!" all stand up in unison while bowing at him. he returned a ninety-degree bow, "please take care of me." 

Seokjin seated himself at the end of the long rectangle table, glaring up to the front of the presentation projector. it was blurry because he was so far on the other side of the room. he knew he was going to be seated here, so he had already mesmerized all the slides of it from the folder Jungmo had given him last night. 

"good morning CEO Jeon! " all stand up and greeted Jungkook from the doorway. Seokjin got up a bit late to greet him and he noticed it that instance. "since we have new workers here, I won't go hard today." "thank you, CEO Jeon!" they responded before sitting down. following behind him was Jennie. when Jungkook roses to the front, she stood out of the view and behind the holders of the company. 

"I would like to introduce you all to our Chief Operator Officer, Kim Seokjin. he will be working alongside me to keep the company strong and stable, please feel welcome here!" Jungkook nodded at him from the front. Seokjin beamed, getting up to bow of greetings before sitting back down. 

Jungkook strides to the side and grabs onto the wrist of Jennie, guiding her to the front with him, "I would like to also introduce you all to my executive secretary, Kim Jennie. she will be in charge of reporting changes and any in or outgoing situations to me. therefore I asked you all to take care of my wife." he glances around the room full of eyes as he tugged Jennie by her arm into his embrace. 

the show-off from him was warm enough for her to lift her head and glares around the room for the surprising announcement. but out of the employees there, her brown optic spot Seokjin's. it didn't take a second for him to gaze away and down to the empty table space in front of him. he lifted a smile to distract her from glaring and thinking he would feel anything towards Jungkook's action.

but the sight of them together and the feeling of jealousy grew in the discomfort of being in the same room as Jennie. they did have many memories together and to be honest, none of them have left ever since then. he understands the feeling of shame and self-approach just now. he should not have left her two years ago. 

Jennie knew also, that Seokjin was at the other end of the room recapturing those solid and clear moments of them together. she took all her morning to prepare this moment to face him and let him know that she was better than that. but with just one single glance at his face, she admittedly submits to defeat. every inch of her confidence trembles down onto her feet once again like at the wedding ceremony. 

✦✦✦

the presentation took a while and the tour of the eight-level company building took hours. Jennie walked back into the hall of the CEO's office, slowly, as her mind flew back to the past of what she could have done that made Seokjin left two years ago.

she dug deep into her thoughts until her forehead hit the door of the CEO's office. a loud thump was hard enough to wake her up. she stomps back and covered her forehead that quickly turned bright red. the door flung open and there Jungkook stood examining her, "are you alright?" he saw her covering her forehead. 

"no," she let her hand drop back down to her side. he furrowed his brows at the red spot that she was covering a second ago. he grabbed onto her forearm and dragged her into his office.

"I'm fine," she said glaring at the paperwork that was spread throughout his desk while getting up from the seat only for him to hold her back down to sit. "I'm really fine-"

"take care of yourself," he throws the medicine balm onto her lap as she catches it with her hand. he roamed away from her and picked up some of the paper from the desk in his hand, scanning through them with only his eyes. her eyes scattered with rubbish onto the medicine balm before she places it back onto his desk, "thank you."