17

the fire alarms beeped nonstop as rushing footsteps came from downstairs. the long beeping sound woke Jungkook as he was not able to find Jennie anywhere next to him. he quickly put on his robe and skipped downstairs. his heart pounding and fear slightly overtakes him to trouble. he was too tired from last night that he did not even hear what was going on until now.  

"good morning!" Jennie pops out from the kitchen, greeting Jungkook with her floury apron and half-burnt oven mitts. his disappointing face made her smile fades, "sorry, breakfast is burnt" she lowered her eyes. 

he closed his eyes and took a big sigh, which scared him. he thought someone had gotten into his house and tried to set a fire like the one at work. he tilted his head and crossed his arm on his chest, "who said you can cook?" he bluntly said and quickly realize it hurt her feelings. 

"sorry..." she said again and was tugged away by Jungkook's hand. he took the oven mittens and her dirty apron off and drag her upstairs, "let's just eat out today," he said bringing a grin onto her face.

"mmm!" Jennie's cheek full with the sweet croissant at the 'Peter Pan Bakery'. Jungkook leaned forward on the other side of the table and watched her finish the croissant. he took a sip of his coffee before seeing her nose dabbed with strawberry jam. 

he reached out to her nose and thumbs the jam off her nose. she scrunched her nose like a little kitten and pulled away, finishing wiping it by herself. 

"don't you ever try to cook again," he gazes at her with worried. she stares him back and broke it off before nodding, "i just wanted to try baking... for you," she stated. it took his stares away into the window next to them. he let out a chuckle, how could she be this cute?

"you dare laugh at my effort?" she questioned him after drinking her milk, feeling a bit offended thinking he was making fun of her. 

"thank you, have a wonderful day today!" one of the staff brought over the bill and give her a smile before she left to the back of the cashier counter. Jennie glances around to see if Irene was also here or if she really went the job to work for Seokjin. 

"what are you thinking?" Jungkook interrupted her blank expression and she quickly pursed her lips in a smile. he had already put his card onto the check and was ready. 

she quickly put on her pink chanel crossover bag and got up with him to go finish paying. 

they walked out of the bakery shop as he interlocked his hands onto hers and smile. the sun was shining from above them and he couldn't help but admire her beauty shining from within. her natural pink lips gloss with chapstick and her eyelashes coded with eyelashes makeup. 

he should have seen and known all of these things about her earlier. "let's go somewhere!" she insisted leaning into his arms. "anything you want," he smiled showing his cute bunny teeth and that had brought them much joy.

he snuck her hands into his pockets and walked back to their car. the warmth of his big hands on her never felt so real and secure. she wanted to spend as much time as she can with him while the time ticked to the second day of keeping the promise from Taehyung.

✦✦✦

"here's the folder that you asked me to organize," Irene placed the stacks of black folders onto the edge of Seokjin's workspace. he was also home to rest for a whole week while the company's building is under inspection. but he never took the time to free himself from work. he was still working. 

Irene peeked over his shoulder to the laptop in front of him and sighed, "this is why you are not recovering from your vision," she said.

he glances up and smirked, "that's right, how about you input these data for me!" he turned his laptop to her and she gulped at what she got herself into. she stood there for a good couple minutes before crossing her arms.