➶ 4 ➶

"what the hell is that?!" donghyuck exclaimed, looking successively at chenle, renjun and his wrists.

inside of his chest, donghyuck's heartbeat had slightly accelerated.

he felt happy at the sole thought of finally having his soulmate's name.

but which one was it?

the hot older boy, mark lee?

or the muscular and handsome, lee jeno?

"well, donghyuck. at least both of them caught your eye." renjun chukled.

"i would have preferred only one to catch my eye." donghyuck mumbled.

"what are you saying?" chenle rolled his eyes.

"think about it! now, i have two handsome boys, and one of them will be my soulmate, and the other my enemy. i'd prefer having an ugly ass enemy, like roman."

renjun chuckled, pulling his wrists out to show them to donghyuck.

"the ugly ass roman is already my enemy." he told.

"which makes me think that you've never tried to approach jaemin." chenle snickered as renjun blushed.

"let's not rush things."

donghyuck ignored his two best friends, his exes concentrating on the inside of his wrists.

he looked at the red ink in which was calligraphed the two beautiful names.

donghyuck allowed his fingers to slide over the names, feeling his insides becoming all jittery at the sensation.

donghyuck's mind wandered away, images of mark lee and lee jeno flashing through his mind.

he had never spoken to any of them, and this only thought made him stress.

mark seemed to be an awkward kid. he always carried his guitar around, even at school. donghyuck had heard him play once, but he hadn't really paid attention to it. in the end, he looked quite friendly and cool to hang around, which made him a good soulmate. donghyuck wasn't even sure he was able to hate someone.

on the other hand, jeno was much more silent and darker. he had a very muscular body that was on full-display whenever he wore a tank-top in their pe classes. and he always wore a cold face on. despite being in his class, he had never seen him smiling. he looked quite scary in donghyuck's mind, and he guessed that if one of them has to be his enemy, it had to be jeno.

"donghyuck!" chenle waved his hand in front of his eyes.

"huh?"

"you were spacing out." he informed. "what was on your mind?"

donghyuck sighed, placing a hand over his chest.

"the two souls that will be linked to mine forever..."

the next day, donghyuck nervously walked to school, looking carefully at his surroundings.

he wasn't looking for anyone in particular.

he was just trying to get a glimpse of either mark or jeno.

but this didn't mean he would talk to them right away.

"you look like a deer caught in headlights, hyuck." renjun said, laughing when he saw his best friend arriving with a worried look on.

"shut up." donghyuck dismissed him.

renjun and chenle laughed, following their friend inside school.

the three boys walked side by side in the corridor, chenle and renjun looking around as well to make sure not to miss jeno or mark passing by.

"the bell is about to ring." chenle informed. "meet you at lunch?"

"yeah, see you." renjun replied before him and donghyuck waved at the chinese who headed towards his first class.

renjun and donghyuck did the same, entering the half-full classroom and going back to their seats, on the first row, next to the window.

they sat down, pulling their things out of their bags.

donghyuck's hands were trembling while pulling his copybooks out of his bag, and renjun had noticed it.

"why are you so nervous?" he asked, placing a calming hand on top of his.

"jeno will eventually enter the classroom." donghyuck replied.

renjun chuckled. "donghyuck, you have to calm down. his name is inked on your wrist, you'll have a whole life to have an interaction with him." renjun reassured him.

"yeah..."

donghyuck nodded. what renjun had said was true.

he still had his whole life.

and whether this boy was his soulmate or his enemy, they'll eventually end up meeting.

it was fate.

donghyuck could just go on with his life and wait for it to happen.

"look at me, i've never gone to see jaemin. and i've had his name tattooed here for a few months."renjun explained to which donghyuck nodded.

the brunette tried getting calmer, not thinking about the two names on his wrist.

but things complicated when he heard a loud laugh and turned his head towards the door, only to see a loudly-laughing jaemin followed closely by jeno who had his usual cold face on.

jeno kissed his boyfriend when he informed him that he had to get to class.

mark ruffled his blonde hair before trotting away, leaning jeno and jaemin alone in the middle of the corridor.

"let's go or we're going to be late." jaemin said pulling jeno by the wrist.

the older boy didn't mind, and let himself being dragged by the pink-haired boy.

"come on, be a bit enthusiast!" jaemin whined. "i feel like i'm with a lovesick girl! you'll see mark at lunch!"

jeno rolled his eyes at his younger friend.

"mark is my soulmate, and it's hard for me to be far from him." jeno argued back. "you'll see when you'll have yours."

jaemin didn't even hold his laugher in, and entered the class laughing loudly as if what jeno had said was complete bullshit – which was absolutely not the case.

jeno rolled his eyes, following his friend in.

he was about to head to his seat, at the back of the class, but instead, something caught his eye at the front row.

jeno made the mistake to turn his head, and look at donghyuck's usual seat.

he was here, just like he had always been.

but this time, he wasn't looking at his books or talking with his friend.

this time, he was looking towards jeno.

he was looking at jeno.

and this eye-contact became their very first interaction.