➶ 22 ➶

"donghyuck!"

the brunette sighed before turning around slowly.

it was the end of the day, and he was very tired.

he had completely failed his mission that consisted of ignoring mark and jeno, and it didn't seem like he would manage to do it until the end of the day.

not when the two boys he didn't really want to face were looking at him with their hands intertwined and big smiles.

"yeah?" donghyuck raised a brow, trying to ignore his heart that was screaming at him just to let go and jump into their arms.

"mark and i wanted to have a talk with you." jeno said, glancing sideways at his boyfriend.

"right now?"

"we would have done it before, but you seem to be avoiding us." mark told.

"n-no..."

donghyuck cursed inside his head.

was it this obvious?

of course, he was avoiding them and their perfect couple.

"so, you're coming with us?" jeno asked.

"i'm not sure it's a good idea. i have a few things to- "

"you said you were free this afternoon though." mark spoke, making donghyuck gulp.

"w-well..."

mark and jeno exchanged a glance, silently agreeing on something that donghyuck imagined was no good.

and effectively, jeno and mark got closer to him, the younger of the two picking donghyuck up in his arms as mark grabbed donghyuck's bag.

"ah!" donghyuck squeaked. "let me down!"

"you're coming with us, hyuckie."

and the boy eventually let himself being carried like a princess to jeno's house.

"so... what did you two want to talk about?" donghyuck asked when jeno placed him on his bed.

donghyuck was rather surprised that jeno managed to carry him all the way from school to his house.

the journey wasn't that long, but donghyuck was still a human being who weighted quite a lot.

"us three." mark told.

"what is there to talk about?" donghyuck raised a brow. "i saw you were back together. congratulations. i'm happy for you."

"thank you." jeno smiled.

donghyuck clapped his hands once, standing up and heading towards the door.

"now that i'm not needed anymore, i can disappear from your lives. i'm sorry for messing everything up and- ah!"

donghyuck was picked up again, by mark this time, and brought back to the bed, where mark placed him on jeno's lap.

"why do you keep repeating those words, love?" mark asked. "i already told you that neither of us wanted this to happen."

"what would you want if not me to disappear and leave you alone...?" donghyuck pouted, unconsciously leaning against jeno's well-built frame.

"we want you to stay with us, hyuckie."

donghyuck let out a confused noise, pulling away from jeno's arms to look at his and mark's faces.

"what does that mean?" he asked, his brows furrowed.

"jeno and i both fell for you, donghyuck." mark voiced out. "it was quite impossible not to. and so, we talked about it, and we agreed on the fact that we want you to be part of us. but that's only if you agree too."

donghyuck gulped, trying to process what mark had just said.

mark and jeno had fallen for him? for real?

and they were both happy about it?

and they wanted donghyuck to join them in their relationship?

"w-what...?"

"we love you donghyuck. and we know you do too." mark clarified. "that is why we want to make everything better for the three of us."

there was a long silence.

mark and jeno had their eyes glued on donghyuck.

the brunette's heart raced in his ribcage, and his thoughts were getting uncontrollable.

"hyuckie...?"

"what do we do about the tattoos?" donghyuck asked, not agreeing neither refusing their proposition.

mark turned his hands around, looking at the insides of his wrists where jeno's and donghyuck's names were imprinted on his skin.

"something has to be wrong somewhere." mark said calmly. "but we'll work with it, and we'll make sure none of our relationships turn into an enemy one."

jeno held his hand out, grabbing donghyuck's hand and turning it over to look at the tattoos that he never had the courage to ask about.

he was rather surprised to read his boyfriend's name on his right wrist.

and he was even more confused to see his own on the left one.

"you have our names as your tattoos..." jeno said, brushing his fingers against the tanned skin.

donghyuck nodded slowly.

"does that mean we're all supposed to be soulmates and enemies?" jeno asked, looking at mark and donghyuck.

"i don't know..." donghyuck replied. "i've been trying to understand this for a while, but I never found anything similar to what's happening to us..."

mark and jeno nodded at donghyuck's words.

jeno kept donghyuck's right hand in his own, and mark linked his ifngers with donghyuck's left one.

needless to say, donghyuck was completely overwhelmed by this much affection and care for him.

"so, what do you say about us, donghyuck?" jeno asked. "will you give it a try?"

donghyuck blushed. "i will."

"and we'll make sure you won't regret it..." mark told as jeno and him sighed in relief.

finally, the three of them were united, under a beautiful word.

boyfriends.