➶ 8 ➶

renjun gulped, sitting on jaemin's bed, his feet dangling from the edge of the bed, but not reaching the floor.

"what did you mean about 'my soulmate can wait'?" he asked, seeing that jaemin had been on his phone for a while.

"huh?" the pinked-haired lifted his eyes to look at the 'cute little boy' as his mother had said.

"what does it mean?"

jaemin locked his phone and threw it on his desk, sitting on the carpeted floor in front of renjun.

"i'm not 19 yet. i don't know who my soulmate will be." jaemin told.

"when will you know?" renjun asked, his right thumb brushing over the left tattoo, making him insides melt.

"agust, 13th." jaemin replied.

"still a month to wait..." renjun nodded. "it's long."

jaemin shrugged.

"i don't really care." he told.

"what?"

"i'll meet them when i shall." jaemin said. "after meeting your soulmate, your life becomes centred around them. i still want some freedom."

renjun's brows furrowed. "it's not really like that."

"how is it then?"

"well... you can't fight against the attraction that the soulmate bond provides. i assure you that you won't want to have freedom once you'll meet your soulmate. the bond will make you closer. it's not your choice. it's your heart's choice." renjun explained.

jaemin listened carefully to renjun's words.

"is it what's happening with your soulmate?" he asked the boy seated on the bed.

renjun's cheeks coloured a light pink. "i don't have any."

"i saw you had tattoos." jaemin told, making renjun's heart stop beating for a while. "i didn't see the names though."

renjun sighed in relief.

"my soulmate hasn't received their tattoos, i guess." renjun clarified.

"how do you know all of this, then?" jaemin asked, confused.

"the books." renjun replied. "they're helpful."

"oh... okay."

the room fell silent, and jaemin's attention got caught by some fly.

this gave renjun the opportunity to stare at his soulmate.

jaemin was beautiful.

his pink locks made him look soft, despite his tall and muscular body.

he had large chocolate eyes, a straight nose and pink plump lips.

renjun's heartbeat couldn't help but get faster at the sight in front of his eyes.

"huh... let's start working?" he said, trying to ignore his growing feelings for the perfection that was na jaemin.

"h-hello, jeno..." donghyuck opened the door of his house after hearing a few knocks.

"hello." jeno replied, looking absolutely divine in donghyuck's eyes.

he was wearing a white t-shirt with a large denim jacket over it that he had paired with blue ripped jeans. his hair was messy, making him even hotter than usual.

"c-come in..." donghyuck stuttered, stepping aside to allow the boy to enter his house. "my parents are still at work."

"okay." jeno replied, looking around the cozy house.

there were still a few carboards in one side of the living room, signalling that they hadn't moved in long ago.

"huh... would you like... something to drink? or to eat?" donghyuck asked, mentally scolding himself for being this awkward.

"it's okay, i've just finished eating." jeno told him, chuckling at his panicked state.

donghyuck nodded, coughing a few times as he fidgeted with his fingers.

"well... my... huh... my books are in my room." he told. "let's... go?"

"sure."

jeno followed donghyuck across the corridor, nodding when donghyuck informed him which door was the bathroom's one. after that, they entered a room, a smile appearing on jeno's face at the way it was decorated.

the whole room was painted baby pink, and there were many touches of fushia here and there.

donghyuck's queen-sized bed was filled with plushies of various seizes, and everything – from the way his stuff was neatly organized to the pink range of colour used – made jeno realise how soft and childlike donghyuck was.

"e-excuse the mess." donghyuck told, rushing to his glass desk to rearrange the pile of copybooks that was resting there.

"the mess?" jeno raised a brow. "my room has never been this well organized, even after i clean it."

"y-yeah, b-but... huh..."

jeno chuckled once again when he saw how nervous the small boy was.

he stepped closer to him ruffling his brown hair.

"you don't have to be scared around me." jeno told. "i'm not going to eat you."

donghyuck's cheeks got assorted to the walls of his room.

"y-yeah..." he let out. "huh... let's... start on our project?"

"of course."

and for the whole afternoon, jeno kept his eyes on the brunette, smiling at each cute move he would do.

and for an afternoon, he completely forgot about the fact donghyuck was supposed to be his enemy, and that his boyfriend was actually alone in his house.