➶ 12 ➶

i'm here

jeno jumped up from his bed and ran to the front door as soon as he received the message.

he hurriedly opened the door, his glossy eyes meeting with donghyuck's worried ones.

"j-jeno..." donghyuck let out, his lower lip in a pout.

jeno didn't waste a second and embraced donghyuck in a hug.

the brunette stumbled back a slight bit, not expecting the sudden skin ship.

despite jeno's awful state, both of their hearts beat erratically in their chests.

"i-i'm sorry, jeno..." donghyuck whispered, rubbing circles on the boy's back.

"d-don't..." jeno mumbled. "y-you were right... i shouldn't have lied to him..."

the two boys let go of each other and donghyuck allowed himself to be dragged by the arm towards the crying male's bedroom.

jeno sat himself crossed-legs on his bed, donghyuck doing the same in front of him.

"tell me what happened." donghyuck spoke softly.

"w-well..." jeno sniffled. "i explained to him that you and i had been seeing each other for quite a while to work on our project. and i told him how kind and cute you were with me. and when he realised i had lied to him, he got really mad."

donghyuck nodded, listening to jeno's explanations.

his boyfriend seemed to be someone possessive and easily jealous.

seeing someone else in a friendly manner, to work on a project that you have been forced into is far from cheating.

"don't you think his reaction was quite excessive for what you did?" donghyuck asked the crying boy. "i mean. you didn't tell him for a few days, but our hangings were nothing ambiguous. just for school purposes."

jeno shrugged.

there was no way he would tell donghyuck about the fact he was supposed to be his enemy.

donghyuck shouldn't know about his tattoos.

"he's protective..." jeno replied. "i guess that's because he loves me."

donghyuck hummed in agreement, ignoring his stinging heart.

jeno's boyfriend loved him.

and jeno probably loved his boyfriend too.

donghyuck and jeno weren't meant to be...

"well... if he loves you, he'll forgive you. i'm sure about that." donghyuck said, his hand reaching for jeno's right hand, oblivious about the fact his name was tattooed there.

"i hope so..."

"this whole situation is messy, guys..." donghyuck sighed, walking by renjun and chenle's side.

"life is messy." chenle commented.

"jeno is fighting with his boyfriend because of me." donghyuck told. "they love each other, and i'm the one ruining their relationship."

"donghyuck, jeno is supposed to be your soulmate." renjun told.

"let's not forget about mark." donghyuck cut him. "jeno could be my enemy."

"yeah, but based on what you've told us, he doesn't look like it."

donghyuck sighed.

why had life had to be this complicated for him?

his supposed soulmate already having a boyfriend.

never meeting the other one.

all of this was making him go crazy.

"i don't know what to do, guys..." donghyuck rubbed his temples.

"just wait for a bit. as i said before, the future may offer you something good."

"yeah. i hope it will..." donghyuck sighed.

"mark, i'm sorry, but i need to go."

"jaemin, please." the older begged.

"i have a project to work on, renjun is waiting for me." jaemin insisted.

"tell him you're sick or something. i need to talk to you." mark tried again.

jaemin sighed in despair, pushing his front door open to allow mark inside.

"be quick. i'll tell him i'll be late." he told.

mark headed directly to jaemin's bedroom, sitting on the floor and waiting for jaemin to sit down as well.

mark waited for jaemin to finish texting before starting to rant.

"who's this renjun?" he asked, looking at jaemin who was smiling at his phone.

"a classmate." the pink-haired boy replied.

"an interesting one." mark noted. "you seem to appreciate him. a soulmate, maybe?"

"mark. i told you my opinion about soulmates." jaemin replied.

"yeah, and i guess i should have listened."

jaemin threw his phone aside, getting closer to mark.

"what the actual fuck?" he asked. "what happened?"

"jeno is seeing donghyuck." mark replied, his face showing no emotions.

"holy shit!" jaemin cursed. "are they together?"

"he says that no. but i'm not sure."

"huh?"

"i think he's lying. and that he has feelings for our supposed enemy." mark clarified.

jaemin frowned. "you've known jeno for years. don't you trust him?"

"i did. but with donghyuck appearing, i'm starting to doubt it was a good idea."

jaemin sighed.

he didn't really know what to say in this situation.

"what did jeno say to justify his acts?" he asked.

"that donghyuck was a sweetheart and lovable cutie." mark replied.

"oh..." jaemin thought for a second. "and have you asked donghyuck about it?"

"why would i?" mark looked at his friend.

"to have another vision of the mess you're in. it could be great."