Year 5 - 16

"Where do you go?" Draco asked. "You and Amelia, you seem to be going off together all the time."

"I'm helping her for her OWLs." Cassiopeia replied.

"Why don't I believe you?" Draco asked.

"What do you think we're doing?" Cassiopeia asked, worried he'd think the worst of her.

"I don't know." Draco replied.

"Look, she's worried about DADA classes. So, I've been tutoring her. She doesn't want Blaise to know because she's scared he'll dump her because she's not good at defensive spells." Cassiopeia replied. "You can ask her if you don't believe me."

"It's alright. I believe you." Draco said. "I just wish you'd told me."

"She didn't want anyone to know." Cassiopeia replied with a shrug.

"Oh, you should know there's another decree going up tomorrow. Professor Umbridge is taking students in for questioning." Draco told her. Cassiopeia's eyes snapped to his.

"Questioning? About what?" Cassiopeia asked.

"Not sure. I just know that she'll target you. I mean the detentions are still going, so she still hates you." Draco replied. Cassiopeia nodded.

"Yeah, I'll probably be called first." She replied. He nodded.

"Probably." He said, before pulling her into his arms.

~*~

"Would you like some tea, dear?" Professor Umbridge asked Cassiopeia as she was brought into the room.

"No thank you." Cassiopeia replied.

"Okay." The Professor replied, gesturing for the student to sit down. "Right, I'm bringing all the students in for questioning, as you know."

"What about?" Cassiopeia asked. "Might as well get to the point."

"What do you know about an illicit group that's been meeting and plotting against the Ministry?" Professor Umbridge asked.

"Who? The Death Eaters?" Cassiopeia asked. "Well, they're working under Voldemort, who you're refusing to believe has returned. I assume they're laying low and laughing at you all behind your back because Fudge insists that 'All Is Well'. Need me to continue?"

"Not that group. And you know very well that he is not back." The Professor replied.

"Do I?" Cassiopeia asked. "I believe the fact that there is substantial evidence pointing to his return says otherwise. I mean he sent the Dementors after Harry." But it was that point that Cassiopeia noticed something in the Professor's eyes change- as if it was pride. "It was you. You sent the Dementors after Harry."

"What makes you believe that, dear? First, it's blaming You-Know-Who, who isn't back- I might add-, and then it's blaming me, you should make up your mind." Professor Umbridge replied.

"Well, I thought it was Voldemort until this very second. Your eyes, they don't hide your emotions very well. Your fury, that was clear from the moment I started speaking. But when I mentioned the Dementors going after Harry, they changed. It was pride, you're proud of yourself. You did it so you could get rid of Harry." Cassiopeia said, she stood slowly from the chair. "Does the Minister know? I doubt he'd be very happy. Unless he was involved? Then wouldn't that be a scandal." Professor Umbridge then waved her wand and Cassiopeia was brought back down into the chair. Ropes tied over her wrist. "Oh, now this is a scandal. I'm right, aren't I?"

"Yes, but you won't know that for much longer." Professor Umbridge replied.

"Why did you do it?" Cassiopeia asked.

"Because I wanted to silence him. It was either he would be killed by the things or he would be expelled, but Dumbledore managed to weasel Potter out of that one." Professor Umbridge replied.

"So, what? Now you're just deciding to give him detentions with quills that carve words into the skin? Make him suffer for telling the truth?" Cassiopeia replied.

"You-Know-Who is not back. The sooner you and Potter realise that, the sooner the detentions will end." She replied.

"But you know we won't change our story, and you're happy about that because it means more suffering." Cassiopeia pointed out.

"I guess." Professor Umbridge replied. "But that doesn't matter."

"Why's that?" Cassiopeia asked.

"Because you won't remember this conversation." Professor Umbridge said.

"Hey, no. Wait-" Cassiopeia started, trying to pull against the ropes. But the High Inquisitor held up her wand.

"Obliviate." She casted. Cassiopeia's eyes clouded over and she started to sway. Professor Umbridge took this as an opportunity to remove any evidence of the ropes and move towards the girl. She placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright, dear?"

"What happened?" Cassiopeia asked, feeling dizzy.

"You came to see me, but you seemed faint. You fainted, dear." Professor Umbridge replied. "I'll get someone to help you out." She said before opening the office door. In the queue of students waiting, Professor Umbridge called upon Amelia and told her to come.

"What's wrong?" Amelia asked.

"Your friend fell faint. Would you help her? You aren't needed for questioning, Ms King." Professor Umbridge said.

"Okay." Amelia said, moving towards Cassiopeia. Helping her friend up, they walked from the office and towards the Slytherin common room. As they went, they took a break and Cassiopeia sat on the bench, during which Amelia turned to Cassiopeia. But before she could ask anything, the Golden Trio came around the corner.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked the pair. Cassiopeia looked deep in thought.

"She went to Umbridge's questioning, next thing you know I'm being asked to escort her out because she fainted." Amelia said. Harry knelt in front of Cassiopeia.

"Cass? What happened?" He asked her.

"I don't know." She replied. "I can't remember."

"What's the last thing you remember?" Ron asked.

"Breakfast." She replied.

"It's almost dinner. She's missing most of the day." Amelia said.

"Could Umbridge have obliterated her?" Harry asked.

"I mean I wouldn't put it past her." Amelia said.

"But why?" Cassiopeia asked. "What did I say?"

"I think it's more, what did you figure out. You must have worked something out." Hermione said.

"I wish I could remember." Cassiopeia replied.

"Don't beat yourself up about it. There's nothing you can do about it." Harry said, placing a supportive hand on her knee. Cassiopeia delivered him a small smile and nodded slightly.

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

-Zoe