Chapters 2 - The Ball

Chapter 2

Chapter 2: At the Ball

I was at the event bored out of my mind. I had to fake smile a lot, bear with my mother introducing me to a host of people. I fell asleep around the table twice the only good part was the food, the caterers really out did themselves.

To make matters worse the music was boring and I did not want be there any longer so as soon as my parents turned their backs I was out the door to get some fresh air and find somewhere peaceful to play with my thoughts of running.

Uncle Larry saw me going to the garden side of the venue and winked at me, I know for sure he was going to still keep a close eye on me.

The garden was quiet and peaceful, I found a little bench that I could just sit and watch the guest moving about or how the water was coming from the water fountain. I noticed I could smell weed. I have never smoked it before but I had friends that did. I kept trying to find where the scent was coming from.

"Is someone out here?" I whispered.

"Yeah shhh" I heard a male voice said.

I stepped back a little because I would not want to take any chances and my security was not nearby, only my driver.

"Ok I am going to scream if you don't show your face" I said.

"No no please don't" He said.

He came from behind the bush so I could see who he was. He stretched his hand out to me and introduced himself as Daniel. I shook his hand and told him I was Tianna. He offered me the spliff and I told him no.

"Suh yuh a good girl, you don't smoke a little weed?" He asked.

"I don't want it that's all" I said. Plus I did not know you like that.

"Have you ever tried it before?" He asked.

I was going to lie and said yes but who the fuck was him for me to impress anyways? Even though he might be the best looking guy I have ever seen before. He was tall, with chocolate skin, big eyes and he could do commercials for a dentist, his smile was perfect. He was wearing a suite that was tailored to fit but no tie. He seemed as if he worked out a lot or maybe it was the way his clothes fit that made me thought that.

"Suh you're in the garden hiding from the crowd also?" He asked.

"No I just needed some fresh air" I said.

"You don't have to lie to me enuh, I am out here hiding from the boring ass party and I am tired of smiling, my face hurts" he said. He smiled at me and put his hand to his cheek.

"But yuh smiling now still" I said.

"That's because you are cute" He said.

I was blushing at the total stranger didn't even know if he taming me to kidnap me but I think I would go with him if that was the case.

"Who are you here with?" I asked.

"I am here with some friends but I want to leave now. You?

"I am here with my parents and I am dying to leave too" I replied

"Want to leave with me?" He said. He propped his hand up for me to take it.

"Are crazy I don't know you" I said. I smiled at him so he would not feel offended.

"Just playing, that would be crazy" He said.

He took the last puff of his spliff then blew the smoke it the air. He flicked the small piece into the fountain closed by.