Chapters 8- Gone Girl

Tianna's POV

I had one class and decided to just stay home today for a little break. I did not tell my parents because I don't think I needed to tell them. I informed my security to not report to them either. I invited Molly over but she said she had some things to do so I just hang on my own for a little until Jarred called and I felt like it was only right that I invited him over. As much as I did not want to deal with him I had to remember the commitment I made.

"I like you place its really nice and comfortable" He said.

"Yeah I try to make the best of it" I replied.

Hope he didn't think he will be here often.

"So how have you been? School doing you good?" He asked.

"School was ok" I said.

That was not what I wanted to talk about I wanted to ask him some serious questions, I don't want small talk with you sir.

"Jarred what makes you comfortable with this arrangement that our parents have for us?" I asked.

I could tell when he was preparing himself for a healthy conversation. He will do in politics for sure.

"Well Tianna wouldn't life be great if you find someone that you can build a life with from scratch while being young?" He asked.

"Yes but don't you want to be with someone that you are in love with? I would believe that would make a better life for both people" I asked.

"I believe that love will come after everything. Those are always the strongest love" He said.

Who told him this bullshit? I wanted to tell him straight up that I would never love him but that might be too harsh.

"You don't think that if we both come together and put our feet down and stand firm for our beliefs that they would just have to leave us out of their business and plans for their grater gain of more money and more power?" I asked.

"I really believe this would be better for us Tianna, what sense in running around when were are basically made for each other?" He said.

Who the fuck told him this? Why was he so young and arrogant and ready to be old before his life even begun?

"We aren't made for each other and you know this and why does it sound like you are going around our original plans?" I asked.

"I am just saying. What if we gave this a try?" He asked.

Try yuh muma, dah bwoy yah man.

"Jarred this is so wrong for both of us, they are forcing us on each other and its unfair" I said.

He got up from the chair and started to pace slowly back and forth, he was going to give me a speech, I already studied his body language.

"Tianna this is a deal and this what we are going to do. We should be married to each other to build a stronger foundation for our families and a better Jamaica when I become prime minister one day" He said.

I knew he wanted to be a politician. I don't even like politics to even be the wife of one.

"So what If don't want to be your wife?" I asked.

"Then my parents will sue your parents and we don't want to have to go through all that, the deal is done" He said. He pinched my cheek and smile.

"Oh so my parents basically sold me" I said.

"Stop looking it at like that. They are giving you the best life, just embrace it sweetheart" He said.

"Jarred are you seriously enjoying being a puppet?" I asked.