Chapter 40: Our Galaxy Part Two

Up next was grocery shopping, and with all of the emotions-- and caffeine-- running through you from the morning, you were a bit hyperactive.

Aaron had finished his coffee and threw away the empty cup, but you were still sipping on the second half of your drink as you walked. You were perfectly fine, happy to follow your boyfriend around, holding his bicep with one hand and your cup in the other. He wasn't in a rush, so he methodically made his way around the entire store, working from the left to right.

You helped pick out a few of the fruits and vegetables from the produce section, but for the most part, Aaron was taking care of it as he already had a breakfast to cook in mind. He continued on to the meat department at the back, looping around the frozen section to end up at the first aisle.

At this point, you were finished with your drink and put it in the cart, and the full effects of the caffeine were starting to kick in as you didn't have the cup to occupy your hand and mouth.

Your fingers drummed against Aaron's arm and fiddled with the too long cuff of his sweater, your eyes darting around, wide with energy.

"Do you think we can get some chips? Chips sound good, I like the crunch when I crunch them in my mouth," you rambled, walking with a bounce in your step as you got excited at the prospect of snacks. "Oh wait, I need to do grocery shopping-- duh, that's why we're here." You continued talking to yourself while Aaron listened in amusement, the both of you picking the items you needed off the shelves and putting them in the cart as you weaved through the aisles.

It wasn't until you were halfway through the store that your focus shifted from ingredients for future meals to making jokes to making lewd comments under your breath as your hunger in combination with the excess energy was morphing into horniness.

"Y/N, do you prefer a tomato or cream based sauce for pasta?"

"I like cream, and I know you do too. If you know what I mean..." You noticed his jaw clench briefly, but didn't pay him any mind as you continued. "Ooh, we should get whipped cream, 'member that time in--"

"Yes!" he whispered loudly, cutting you off. "We're in public, dear. Don't make me do something I'll regret..."

You grinned mischievously, "What you gonna do, Hotchner? Cause a spill in aisle fourteen? With the way you're looking at me, I hope it's a big spill."

"Please, Y/N. Wait until we're back--"

"Sorry, Daddy," you took the edge of his sleeve between your teeth and looked at him with wide eyes, hoping to make yourself look innocent despite your next words. "You should punish me, I've been a bad girl..." You hid your grin behind the sleeve as his nostrils flared and the rest of his face filled with red, though you pouted as he turned his attention forward and ignored you.

The thought of going too far sobered you, but your boyfriend was just silently planning on what to do with you.

The rest of the shopping trip went by quickly as Aaron strode purposefully down each aisle and grabbed what he needed, as well as what he anticipated you would need. You tipped in a few items, but mainly followed around, stewing in your thoughts and fouling mood.

At checkout, you offered cash for the groceries, but your boyfriend gently pushed your hand back and offered his card, insisting that it was nothing.

After rolling the cart down to his car, he loaded the bags into the trunk after sliding all of them onto his arms so you wouldn't have to lift a finger. You compromised with the work by returning the cart to its terminal, appreciating his body as he reached up to close his trunk, mostly the bulging of his biceps and the lines of his back where his muscles were defined.