Chapter 30

Ryujin's POV

Mom held me but I took off her hand on my arm, "Don't come when I ain't calling for you, mom." I looked at her who's crying.

"Why did you quit? You didn't have to quit in that industry, that was your dream, right?" she said that's why I took a deep breath before stepping my feet on the staircase.

"I want to be fine," I answered as I walks upstairs.

"What's wrong? You can tell me..." I could hear her footsteps following me so I turned to look at her. I gave her the blank expression on my face.

Is this what Yeji felt when I saved her from her filthy place?

"Don't come to me when I ain't calling for you. I did ask for your care before but you ignored me because you wanted to run away from our problems— to my dad who's a monster to a guy who he raised like him. Didn't I call you and ask for your help?" I stated, "That, mom, I can't control Yeonjun anymore what should I do? Mom, dad hurt me I want a place to stay with you. Mom, I can't take some people's comments, my mental health is getting worse. Mom, where were you? I thought you got my back? You ran away, you left me. Luckily, Yeonjun wasn't a demon to me." as much as I wanted to cry right now, I can't. I feel so light. But I'm not fine.

"Ryujin, you know I was afraid. I was hurt. Seeing your dad with different women, seeing what he's doing, Ryujin...I suffered enough and sorry for leaving you behind...but I heard you got back with Yeji, she was the girl you used to tell me on the phone all day, right?" she said with a weary smile on her face, "You said...she was taking care of you very well, remember Ryujin? Back in college? I was sad when you stopped calling me..."

"Don't mention her name. You're both the same." I gnashed my teeth and let out a heavy breath before continuing my steps.

They're both afraid. I don't know why Yeji's so afraid to tell me the real answer. But right now, I want to forget about her. I suffered too much.

"What's wrong, Ryujin?" mom asked while following me.

"Why do you care? You didn't care about me in the first place." I blurted.

"When I met her 4 years ago, she was carrying a baby so I assumed you two broke up." I stopped before I could even twist the doorknob, "I introduced myself as your mom but we didn't talk about you because I felt that she was anxious when I mentioned that I'm your mom. But I'm glad that you two got back...I'm glad that you accepted her, still." I slowly turned to see mom and she's smiling anxiously. "Why did you quit? Are you going to settle your life with her? Ryujin...please tell me too..." I walked towards her and grabbed the collar of her shirt.

"That's not her baby, that was her girlfriend's sister. And for your information, we got back for clout and not because we still love each other." I said with my gritting teeth, emphasizing every words that's coming out from my mouth.

"R-Ryujin...that was her daughter, I even told her that she was too young to be a mom but she said she got raped. I comforted her by telling her that no matter what she's been through, her dignity as woman will always remain inside her. And...I'm sorry, I didn't know that..." mom stated that's why I pushed her to the side and run downstairs.

"I was proud...thinking you accepted her despite that. Did you break up with her because of that?"

Got raped?

That girl...the girl that Gahyeon was holding?

Four years ago when mom met Yeji and she was holding a baby. Five years ago when we broke up. When everything turned down.