Chapter 49

Ryujin's POV

I put the glass of water on the table and glances at the medium sized box I got outside earlier. It has red ribbon and the color of the box itself is black.

I pulled the small note sticking on the lid and opened it.

Strawberries and Cigarettes

What's this? Is this from Yeji? From Sinb? What does that mean?

Smile forms on my lips while I'm opening the box. Is Yeji up to something? Does she want to surprise me?

"Geez...Yeddeong-ah..." I murmurs with a mischievous smile.

But then, it quickly fades when I sees what's inside a box. It's a white shirt folded neatly with red stains and there's a bullet on the center, a bullet coated with red. What's this? Is this some kind of prank?

I pick another set of note that says, 'I think pigs can't eat bullet' that left me confused.

Seriously? Are they pulling pranks on me? It's impossible that Yeji sent this. Is this from Sinb? Yuna? Lia?

I grabbed the white shirt and my mind stopped working for a second when a familiar scent of perfume occurs. This white shirt...

"I'll go and see Lucy, don't worry, Yeji won't find out and I won't go inside Lucy's room."

"I'm gonna wear white shirt and a jacket. I think wearing white would make me forget that I'm stupid."

The red stain is all over the shirt's collar and sleeves. There's no much stain on the lower part. What is this? Who sent this?

I rushes upstairs when my senses comes back. That what if all this time I'm looking at my own brother's blood. What if something happened? No...it can't be.

When I reached my room, I searched for my phone. I dials Yeonjun's number but it's not answering.

"Yeonjun-ah..."

I haven't heard from you since last day. I haven't even know what happened or if you really visited Lucy.

"Yeddeong-ah..." I called out the moment she answered my call.

[Ryujin? Are you okay?]

"I'm sorry...I allowed Yeonjun to see Lucy..."

[I-It's okay...]

"Did you see him? Where is he?"

[I don't know. I didn't see him, Ryu]

"Please come..."

I sits on the floor as my hands quiver, "I want you here by my side, Yeddeong-ah..."

[I'll go there later, okay? I love you]

I ended the call when I didn't get my expected response from Yeji. But what if Yeonjun's just there...drinking, or either with his drugs on?

Before I could lose my mind concluding about something, my phone buzzes continuously. I let out a heavy sigh of relief when I sees Yeonjun's name on the lockscreen.

📲
yeonjun

yeonjun:
hi ryujinnie

where are you?

it's hot in here

me:
why? where are you? did you see lucy?