ᴀsᴛᴏɴ ᴍᴀʀᴛɪɴ ᴠᴀʟᴋʏʀɪᴇ

EDITED: August 5/6, 2021

𝙰𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙸𝙽 𝚅𝙰𝙻𝙺𝚈𝚁𝙸𝙴: 𝟹,𝟶𝟶𝟶,𝟶𝟶𝟶
-𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜 in the world

𝙰𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙸𝙽 𝚅𝙰𝙻𝙺𝚈𝚁𝙸𝙴: 𝟹,𝟶𝟶𝟶,𝟶𝟶𝟶-𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜 in the world

WHEN Y/N SAW THE PARKING LOT

they really didn't know what to say.

they didn't need to say anything. this was their world and everyone else was just living in it.

being the face of the underground racing scene said enough.

but here they were, sitting on the roof of their car as they viewed the crowded street. people stood around, trying to talk to y/n as they merely chewed on their gum.

"hey babe, you gonna race or sit there and look pretty?"

y/n glanced down and stared at the man who wore a green medical mask. he leaned on the hood of their car and so they had to turn their head back a bit to see him.

"why would i do that? i'm fine sitting here."

"you're car is nice. and a nice face to go with it. it'd be shame to see it in the dust from my wheels though."

y/n raised an eyebrow at the confidence of the man.

"you're on. how much?"

"mm, $2000?"

"alright. see you at the finish line...though you may be a few seconds behind."

y/n laughed and slid off their car, getting in and pulling out.

the man stared in admiration at the confidence of the person.

this should be fun...

"RACERS! pull up to the starting line!"

y/n's hands drummed against wheel as they glanced over to the competition.

the guy was beside them, and he glanced over at them. his mask was off and his cocky smirk was clearly visible. his car was blaring a jumpy rap song that had a deep bass.

y/n's eyebrows furrowed and they turned to stare straight forward at the street

he's not gonna psych me out.

"ON YOUR MARKS!"

engines revved

"SET!"

y/n took a deep breath.

"GO!"

and they were off, their tires screeched as they jolted against the pavement.

the car gradually sped up until it was hitting 100, and y/n had a big grin.

other cars moved a bit behind or in front. the man's black and green car was getting ahead of y/n's.

the finish line was 4 seconds away...

but a lot could happen in 4 seconds.

"see ya~"

y/n pushed a button on their steering wheel and the car jolted forward.

the speed meter ticked upwards until it wavered between 145 and 150.

they crossed the finish line first, two seconds later was the man, and the  the rest of the people that raced.

y/n swerved and slammed on the breaks, their car doing a 90 degree turn.

everyone surrounded them as they stepped out with a flashy grin, making people swoon.

the man mumbled a curse and walked over to a little group.

y/n quickly grabbed the wad of cash that was their winnings and walked over to the guy.

"good race! really! your car is such a nice shade, the green striped are so good! no bad blood?"

the man turned around as he had his mask back on. he took their outstretched hand and shook it with what y/n was assuming a smile by the way his eyes were crinkled upwards.

"im dream."

"call me y/n, or your majesty."

"well, your majesty, what are you gonna do with the winnings?"

"mm, buy food. maybe rent some movies. i only have 6,000, should last me two days."

"6,000? there were four people racing, including you. who didn't pay?"

"me."

"why not?"

"because i didn't have the cash. plus i don't need to."

"again, why not?"

dream was confused. his eyebrows were raised in shock as he gaped at y/n.

"because i won."

"and if you didn't?"

"what do you mean what if."

"if you didn't win?"

"no, honey. there is no what if. i win no matter what."

prologue <3

prologue <3