25. Lament - 🦁🐰

author : noeone
rating : mature
⚠️Angst. Main Character Dead. Depression. Anxiety. Grief.

***

It was late when Sungyoon came back after a meet up with his friends. They invited him and Sungyoon couldnt turn it down. Jangjun and Joochan worked so hard to make him attend the get go. The event was fun, everyone welcomed him and treated him nicely. Although it was missing something.

The elevator dinged. Sungyoon stepped out when it reached his floor then quickly walked to his apartment. He was exhausted and all he wanted to do was take a shower. He sniffed his clothes, pungent with the scent of tobacco and booze his friends poured him to.

Im back, hyung

Sungyoon greeted the thin air. He pulled out his shoes after unlocking the door. His apartment was dark, the only source of light was from the moonlight streaming through the crack between the curtains. 

He walked to his room, not bothering to put the lights on. He went to the shower, wanting to wash away the scent that linger. His friend might be angry if they knew about how he took a shower super late using cold water in the middle of winter. 

He drifted towards the kitchen after putting his pajama on. Sungyoon walked drowsily to the kitchen counter, grabbing two cups from the cabinet.

He stood near the coffee maker, skillfully measured the coffee and the water in the right ratio, following the recipe someone taught him about. He pressed the power button of his coffee maker, letting it brew automatically.

The machine beeped.

The nice freshly ground coffee scent filled the whole room as the black liquid dripped into two lovely mugs with a drawing of a lion and white rabbit. He got the cups for their first date back then.

Sungyoon then took two spoons, sugar and cream although both of them love black coffee more. But it was a habit. A habit he couldn't get rid of.

He took the mugs, setting one on the table. He sat down on the chair, taking his own mug with two hands, absentmindedly staring at the steam.

"Today I met the kids."Sungyoon said, a slight smile adorning his face. 

"Donghyun got the job as choreographer for that famous agency. You must see his face, he couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. He was so happy till he didn't care when Joochan poked fun at him."

Sungyoon sipped his coffee.

"Jangjun said he will adopt another puppy with Bomin. Ahh.. it must be so lovely. I want to adopt one too but I don't think I have time for it, sadly."

"Youngtaek got an offer for collaboration, he didn't specify who was it. He said it would be a surprise."

"Seungmin… his business is thriving. He learns from you about stocks and all."

Sungyoon bit his bottom lips, suppressing the emotion.

"They talked too much about their life and still as loud as before. Ahh.. I miss them so much".

Sungyoon could feel his hand tremble as he put down the cup once again. He choked up. 

"But the most shocking thing is Jibeom and Jaehyun will get married, hyung. Next month. Do you believe it? Our sons are getting married. They will be the first couple who get married in our circle"

He waited. He was waiting for a response. 

But all he got was silence.

There was no answer.