chapter eighteen | 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍

╔═══════════════════════╗

Just like the last time, I also have a song to which I dedicated this chapter. So if you like, you can listen to it while reading :)

I hope all these songs don't bother anybody, they just really are a source of my inspiration and I would just like to share them. Of course you don't need to listen to them <3

I hope you're having a wonderful day/night!

╚═══════════════════════╝

Hank was trotting through the corridors of the maze. Long shadows were casted by the huge walls of the maze which were covered in ivy and moss. The air was muggy and the sweat dripped into his eyes even though he always would wipe it away with the sleeve of his dark blue long-sleeved shirt made out of thin fabric. As a runner, he was one of the few people who were allowed to enter the maze, running through the corridors while trying to find a way out. It was already midday and Hank felt his stomach growling.

He looked up from his feet to see the Keeper of the Runners jogging in front of him. Other than Hank he didn't seem to be hungry nor tired or at least he wouldn't show it. Minho hasn't talked to him since they entered the maze, he seemed to be way too much in his thoughts. He also didn't slow down after Hank asked him to, despite the fact that he always used to do so. But right now he was jogging without any consideration of Hank not being able to catch up, keeping his gaze straight up and his breath even.

After another turn both boys found themselves on a wide field with rectangle-shaped slim columns, which reached into the sky like gigantic blades.

Finally Hank grew tired of Minho's attitude: "Hey Minho!" he called out, "Is there any chance that we're eating lunch before I faint?" Hank asked and fastened his pace to catch up on Minho

Finally Hank grew tired of Minho's attitude: "Hey Minho!" he called out, "Is there any chance that we're eating lunch before I faint?" Hank asked and fastened his pace to catch up on Minho. Finally the Keeper of the Runners slowered his own pace until the two boys walked side by side "I think you have enough fat in storage, you won't faint that easily" Minho commented and looked down on Hank.

Shocked, Hank put a hand on his stomach and turned away from Minho, "Hey! It would be a sin to decline Frypans pancakes, okay?" he tried to defend himself, but Minho only rolled with his eyes. "And after all Y/n will be worried if you haven't eaten all day" Hank continued and turned back to Minho, "She should be more worried about herself. I hope she'll be okay" Minho thought out loud more than actually answering Hank. "She will. I'm sure Clint and Jeff will take good care of her, there's nothing to worry about" the brunette boy answered and stretched his back.

"I just don't get how someone can be so careless and climb up a rotting ladder. Gally has told us multiple times that it isn't safe" Minho continued. "Well, now you can at least ask her how it felt when she fell from heaven" Hank grinned and Minho instantly shot him a glare, something about Hank's comment made him angry, but he didn't even know himself what in particular. As soon as Minho had shot him the glare, Hank's grin vanished and he mumbled a "sorry".