Together Again

Nat walked over to where Scott had been standing and picked up a piece of paper that he likely dropped out of his pocket. 

"I can see where he's coming from, but why would he put all the blame on us?" Steve asked. 

"Didn't you hear him? He said after we took him, Hope, I'm assuming she was his girlfriend, went into a coma and died. And then he comes back two years later to find out his daughter died." Nat said, staring at him. 

This was the only time in history that Natasha Romanoff had a heart and Steve Rogers didn't. 

"Steve, I know what I said, but maybe Scott's idea could work." 

Then she unfolded the piece of paper she found. It was the blueprints for a quantum tunnel. 

"And I think he knows what he's talking about." She said holding it up for Steve to see. But Scott was already gone. He was going back to his house. If it even was his house anymore... 

"How could they say no? Don't they care about all those people that died?" He asked himself. 

He was walking down the street next to a park when he heard crying. Curiosity got the best of him and he followed the sound. It led him to a tree next to the sidewalk. Standing there next to the tree, was a woman in all black clothing and a hood covering her face. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, walking over. 

No response. 

"What's your name?" He asked. 

Again she didn't respond. Now Scott was getting annoyed. He pulled the hood off her face. Normally he would never do that but his argument with the Avengers had him on edge. 

Then he saw her face. He stepped back in shock at what he was seeing. 

It was Hope. 

"How....." He asked, voice breaking. 

Instead of answering, she pulled him into a kiss. It had been so long since she had seen him, and she needed to know he was really there. At first, he was surprised, but after a moment he kissed her back. He didn't know how much he had missed her until he kissed her. And he had only found out she was "dead" not even a half-hour before. 

After a minute, she pulled away. "I've missed you so much." She said tearfully. 

At this sentence, millions of thoughts went through Scott's mind. She missed him? Did that mean she had been alive all this time? Had she thought he was dead? 

Then without warning, she started to collapse. Scott caught her right before she hit the concrete. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, shaking off the wonderment of her even being there. 

"No, this can't be happening..." She muttered, her voice full of dread. 

But then she started coughing violently and shaking. So much so, that she needed to lean on Scott to support herself. He didn't know what was wrong, but he did know that she was gonna need a doctor. Then he realized something. If her name had been on the memorial, the government would have claimed her dead. And if the Avengers knew otherwise they didn't bother to tell him. But this meant that he couldn't bring her to a doctor, because as far as everyone was concerned, they were both dead. 

"It's gonna be ok, just hang in there." He told her. He needed to find a place to bring her. Then he got an idea. Even if going there would be painful for him, Hope needed a place to go. His house was too far away, but Cassie's house was just a block away. Hope was too weak to walk and her coughing was getting much worse. Scott had to get her help, but he couldn't do that unless they went to the house. 

He helped her walk and a few minutes later, they arrived at Cassie's old house that had been mostly overgrown with vines and other plants. Scott dug into his pocket and brought out a key. He unlocked the door and helped Hope inside. Surprisingly the house wasn't too messy.

Sure it was dusty, but it looked good considering it hadn't been lived in for over two years. He brought her to the couch and laid her down. But she was still shaking and she could barely breathe. 

"The...pills in...my bag..." She managed, her voice was dry and it took just about everything in her to say those words. Fortunately, Scott had grabbed her bag and taken it with them. In it, he found a water bottle and a small container of pills. He propped her head up and gave her the pill and some water to help her swallow. She did swallow it, but it took a few minutes for it to take effect. Eventually, the coughing stopped and she could breathe again. 

"Thank you..." She said shakily. 

"As long as your gonna be ok." He replied, pulling a blanket over her. Even though she had stopped coughing, she was still shaking a lot. 

"How are you even here?" He asked, still completely bewildered. 

"I could ask you the same exact thing." She said, laughing a little. (Probably from shock) "Fine, I'll go first." She said. 

"I woke up from my two-month-long coma, at the same time half of the world disappeared. I left the hospital undetected and found out that you, my dad, and Cassie, were gone too. And I just decided to lay low, make everybody believe I died like they thought I did. I had no one left. There really wasn't any point announcing that I was alive. But then I saw you at the memorial today." 

"You were there?" Scott asked in disbelief. How had he not seen her? 

"Yeah, and I'm sorry I didn't show myself earlier, but I was scared." She admitted. 

"Scared of what?" He asked. 

"I know it sounds stupid, but I was afraid that you left me and faked your death just like I did." She said, a little ashamed. 

"Hope, I would never leave you on purpose. When I left the hospital that day, I was with your dad and he put me in the quantum realm to get healing particles for you. Hearing people say that you died was one of the hardest things to accept. I never would have left if I knew what was about to happen." He said, looking into her eyes. 

"Thank you, that means a lot after not seeing you for two years." She said, but then she finally took in her surroundings. 

"Wait, are we at Cassie's house?" She asked. 

"Yeah..." He said, starting to choke up. Who could blame him? He came back home after two years and thought Hope was dead and then found out Cassie died. That's one heck of a welcoming party! 

"Oh Scott, I'm so sorry." She said holding his hand, even if he had to mourn at least they could do it together.    

                                                                        Author's Note

Come back for the next chapter and I'm sorry that it took longer to post this update but it was the 4th of July, so cut me a break.