C49: Max vs Hart! The Chase Is On!

-I won...Yet, this energy is still active inside me...

Max had just finished defeating Davis, making him the winner of the royale duel between Davis, Yun and J-Dawg. However, his Infinity Mode did not wear off. Hart appeared via teleportation back onto the stage as the action field holograms faded.

-WOW!! Very impressive win for our Max here!

The whole crowd cheered. Hart held up items that had the Heart of Cards special crest on them. The crest is a love heart with a yugioh card back in the center of it. The items included a crown, a jacket, gloves, a badge, a special certificate card and a brand new duel disk with a new age sleek design. Max liked the look of the duel disk but not much else. He accepted the gifts from Hart and awaited his duel against him.

-Give it up for the Heart of Cards Champion!!! WOW!!

The whole crowd cheered and Max smirked a little bit but was a bit embarrased.

-I know it is cheesy, but I couldn't have done it without my friends...

-WOW!! Such modesty!! WOW!! The CHAMP everyone!!

The crowd cheered again.

-Thank you for everyone who competed and a special thanks to everyone who watched (or read) along! Here in the crowd and back at home!! WOW!! It's been a great one! I couldn't have asked for a better debut! See you next year for the second anual Heart of Cards Tournament!!! WOW!!

-Wait!

All of the broadcasting cut off and the crowds were evacuated immediately by Sabre II models. Hart pressed a button on his cane which pulled J-Dawg, Yun and Davis into the helicarrier.

-WAIT!

-Hm?

Max's voice was amplified by the Infinity energy inside him. It was the first time Hart took Max serious.

-Oh, Max. I just gave you many gifts, how about we call it even, hm?

-No!

-Don't be a brat!

Hart's usual silly looking face turned much more intimidating and vicious looking, hungry even.

-In my eyes, you're a winner. Don't make me ruin that for the both of us.

-What are you going to do?

-The world needs more winners...If you face off with me, you won't be one anymore. And I have no patients for losers!

-I won't lose to someone like you. Especially like this.

-Hahaa! WOW!! You talk big but that doesn't even match up to your dueling capabilities...

Hart's face returned to being a bit silly but quickly stapped back to his vicious face. Now including sharp teeth.

Ahem...

Hart drooled a little bit.

-I'll clense this world of the losing scum one at a time if that is what it takes!!

-We'll be dueling now. If I win, you release all of those people!

-We'll duel...If you can catch up to me.

Hart teleported on board the helicarrier and it began to move.

-HAAART!! Shit!

Max realised since he was still in Infinity Mode, and remembering how much faster he was during his duel with Davis, he decided to just chase after the helicarrier on foot.