C25: Inverse Arc Comes To A Close?! Mythic Duels!

-Grrrr! I don't see why I gotta do all the heavy lifting! You're not that old are you!?

-Watch your tongue. If you want to duel me then you will have to do me a favour.

-You are saying that you letting me duel you is a favour!?

-That's exactly what I'm saying.

Master Ura was getting Nate to carry the heavy boxes filled with various booster packs and structure decks up the hundreds and hundreds of steps which lead back up to the Golden Temple. To rub salt into the wound, Master Ura was stood on top of the boxes.

-Wow! He is strong for such a little guy!

Sophi remarked. Max was sat with her at the top of the steps.

-Yeah but he's taking a long time. I bet I could tell you a whole story before they even get up. If they get up that is.

-Don't say that! I hope they do! I haven't seen Granny Ura duel in a long time!!

Max was surprised but knew it was logical. Master Ura hadn't ages in years so to Sophi, she would seem just the same. Even after being sent forward in time.

-Me too. Nate and I dueled before and he was great.

-Really!?

-Yeah. Haha.

-Go on then.

-Huh, what?

-Tell me about your stories.

-Nah, it's nothing that fun.

-Pleeaase??

Max couldn't resist those puppy dog eyes.

-Okay then. Where should I start?

-Chapter one.

-Huh?

-Of the main series of events. Like, of this part of your life.

-Weird way of saying it but okay. I guess I'll start with...Hmmm. Well I had a troubled childhood, uh, which I won't get into. And I went through a phase of not talking until Director Imad came along and snapped me out of it. I joined up with his group and before you knew it I was out there taking down baddies.

-Uh huh.

-Standard stuff really. Until one day when I was tracking someone, what I thought would be a normal job. I was tracking a target called Sabre.

-Sabre?

-Right. I nearly had him until Davis stopped me in my tracks.

-Davis? Davis, as in our Davis?

-Yeah. He wasn't in his right mind at the time though so I don't blame him. Basically there is this dark aura, kind of like a contagious disease which warped the minds of those it infected. Usually just taking some trauma to tip them over the edge and to give into the Darkerness.

-That sounds scary!!

-Yeah, after I defeated Davis, Sabre had gotten away. Sabre turned out to be an it, because he was a cyborg kind of thing and he could warp through time. He messed with my past and even duelled my past self.

-Really?!

-Yeah, but he didn't change the time line. However it did give me a few new memories. Like I had to go to Grimly Manor.

-That place!

-Yeah. Davis was waiting for me at the gate, along with his brother Mart. They tag dueled me and they almost won but their lack of team work got in the way and I came out on top.