Chapter 17

Ch. 17 ?
356 days later.

"Kurt?" Blaine called, tying his bowtie as he walked towards the door. "You almost ready for dinner?"
"Coming!" He called in return, walking out of the bedroom. "How do I look?" He smiled, doing a twirl and looking up at Blaine.
Blaine bit his lip over a grin, shaking his head. "Absolutely stunning." He said, taking Kurt's hand. "Happy first anniversary." He whispered, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "Come on, we're gonna miss our reservation."
Kurt smiled widely, holding onto Blaine's hand tightly. "I still don't know why you won't tell me where we're going." He said, following Blaine downstairs.
Blaine looked over at him. "Because it's a surprise, okay? You'll know soon enough." He said, hailing a taxi and getting inside. He leaned forward and whispered the address to the driver so that Kurt couldn't hear, sitting back beside him and taking his hand once again.
Kurt sat down, resting his head on Blaine's shoulder. "I'm sure whatever you picked will be perfect." He said, letting out a happy sigh. He finally felt content— he was coming up on a year of being divorced, he had Blaine by his side, and he had a perfect job where he got to work alongside his boyfriend everyday.
Blaine got out of the car once they parked, taking Kurt's hand. "Follow me." He said.
Kurt frowned. "What is this? Is this just an office building in Manhattan? Is there a restaurant in here?"
Blaine laughed. "You ask too many questions." He teased, walking inside with Kurt and getting in the elevator. He looked over at Kurt when the elevator opened, biting his lip. "It is just an office building in Manhattan, but it happens to have a beautiful rooftop that you can rent out for dinner with a view of the Empire State Building." He said, walking out of the elevator beside Kurt.
Kurt laughed breathlessly, shaking his head. "It's beautiful, Blaine." He said, walking to the edge of the rooftop and looking up at the view. He turned around and opened his mouth to speak, but was silenced when he saw Blaine on one knee. "Oh my god." He whispered, bringing a hand to his mouth.
"Kurt..." Blaine began. "You changed my life the day that you walked into LoveFool for an interview, and I just didn't know it yet." He said, looking up into Kurt's eyes. "I stared at you across the office for years. I dreamt about a day like this, where you would finally be mine, and I don't want to waste another second without showing you how much I love you." He smiled softly, looking down to grab a ring box out of his pocket, then looking back up at Kurt. "You're the strongest person I've ever met, and you've overcome every single thing that life has thrown at you. You've been through so much and you still manage to be the kindest person I've ever met. You're everything I've ever wanted and everything I didn't know I needed." He breathed, trying to stop himself from crying. "So, Kurt Elizabeth Hummel," He opened the ring box, revealing a silver band. "Will you marry me?"
Kurt's heart was pounding the entire time Blaine spoke, tears falling down his face. "Yes."

End.