Chapter 9

The next day, Kurt got up quietly to make sure he didn't wake Derek. He got dressed in the living room before walking out the door, making his way to the office.
"Blaine." He breathed, a huge smile appearing on his face as he saw Blaine sitting on the couch in the waiting area. Most of the lights were still off- nobody was around and it was finally only them. "I missed you so much." Kurt whispered, sitting beside Blaine and wrapping him in a tight hug.
Blaine wrapped his arms around Kurt, frowning softly. "Hey, hey, what's the matter?" He asked, holding onto Kurt tightly. "Are you okay?"
Kurt nodded, pulling away to look into Blaine's eyes. "I slept with Derek last night." He whispered, sighing softly. "I haven't since I started seeing you. I-I know he's my husband and I knew it would happen eventually but ever since I started seeing you I feel so bad when I give him any affection. I feel like I'm cheating on you."
Blaine bit his lip. Part of him was happy that Kurt felt so attached to him— he had longed to be this close to Kurt for so long. "You weren't cheating on me." He said softly, cupping Kurt's cheek. "We'll have days and days alone next week, you won't have to think about him." He whispered.
Kurt nodded, leaning in and pressing a deep kiss to Blaine's lips. "I just missed you." He whispered, looking into Blaine's eyes.
Blaine smiled, running a gentle hand through Kurt's hair. "I missed you too, Kurt." He said. He would never admit how much he actually missed him— he couldn't tell Kurt about how he lays in bed each night holding his pillow and imagining it was him. He couldn't tell him that he's cried multiple times just thinking about Kurt going home to such a horrible man. He couldn't let Kurt know that this was so, so much more than an affair to him. "Um— did you think about where we should go?" He asked, snapping himself out of his thoughts.
Kurt nodded. "I think we should just stay at your place." He smiled softly, setting a hand on Blaine's. "I don't want you to spend all your money on me, and I don't need some amazing romantic getaway. All I want is more time with you, so, we can just both take a few days off work and stay at your place, and order in, and have lots of sex." He grinned, pecking Blaine's cheek. "Would that be okay?"
Blaine nodded slowly. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Money isn't a problem, Kurt, I don't want you to worry about that." He said, sliding a hand through Kurt's hair. "But if that's what you want, then, it sounds great." He smiled. He wasn't gonna lie, spending days at home with Kurt almost sounded better than a vacation. He could cook for him, they could cuddle in bed and watch movies, and they could have sex everywhere in the apartment.
Kurt nodded. "I just want to be with you, Blaine. I'm fine with being at your place." He smiled, kissing Blaine softly and cupping his cheek.
Blaine smiled widely, kissing him back and wrapping his arms around Kurt. "I'll take you back to my place after work tomorrow, then, and our alone time can begin." He smiled.

THE NEXT DAY
Blaine reached over and hit snooze on his alarm, yawning softly. He had set it for an hour earlier than usual, so that he could make sure everything was perfect when him and Kurt came back later. He knew it wasn't really a date, but, this was finally his opportunity to get to know Kurt more, and maybe even tell him how he felt. He was more than ready to commit to Kurt, and to help him get out of his marriage.
He hopped out of bed and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a tablecloth from his cabinet and spreading it out over his kitchen table. He set the table with the nicest plates he had, made sure all of the silverware was lined up correctly, and placed some candles in the middle of the table. "Perfect." He smiled, walking to his room to get dressed. He put on a white button-down and a blue bowtie, (he knew how much Kurt loved his bowties, and it seemed he loved ripping them off even more) and fixed his hair in the mirror. He put on a few sprays of cologne before putting his blazer on, letting out a happy sigh.
He was probably more excited than he should be to have days alone with Kurt, but, he had so much hope that maybe Kurt felt the same way about him, and would be ready to leave his husband. He headed out to the office, humming to himself on the subway and hurrying up the stairs in the building. He walked in and smiled at Linda, making his way to Kurt's office. "Huh." He said, frowning softly when he saw that Kurt wasn't there. He walked back out to the reception desk, leaning over to talk to Linda. "Do you know where Kurt is? He's never late."
Linda nodded. "Yes, he called out this morning. I'm not sure when he'll be back." She said, sighing softly. "His mother-in-law passed this morning, so him and his husband are going back to Ohio for a few days."
Blaine swallowed thickly. He knew that Derek's mother was sick, Kurt had mentioned it before. "Okay, thanks for letting me know." He said, letting out a shaky breath as he walked to his office. He closed the door behind him, putting his head in his hands. How could he be so stupid? How could he think that this would ever work out, when Kurt had a completely different life without him? It had been easy to ignore Derek's existence before, but now everything felt more real. Kurt had a husband, and of course he had to be there for him.
'Linda told me what happened. I'm so sorry for your loss, Kurt. Call me if you need to talk.  -B'
He sent the message and set his phone down, sighing softly as he sat down at his desk. He felt like an idiot for thinking that things could ever be different. He went through his day without any response from Kurt, and walked alone in the rain until he got to his subway stop. He walked into his apartment, throwing his bag onto the couch. He looked over at the table he had set up that morning for his and Kurt's dinner date, his heart sinking in his chest.
He sat on the couch and put his head in his hands, crying softly until he eventually fell asleep from both physical and emotional exhaustion.