Chapter One

"See you tonight." Kurt said, walking out of his apartment into the cold New York air.
"Mhm." He heard as he shut the door, letting out a deep breath. He walked down the sidewalk, making his way to the nearest subway station. He walked up the narrow staircase, sitting on a small bench as he waited for the train to arrive. He looked down at his phone, a small smile appearing on his face as he saw a text notification from his boss, reading:
'Hey team! It's a new day! Can't wait to make some new matches. Come by my office if you need absolutely anything. -B.A'
Kurt loved his job, and his boss was one of the kindest people he had ever met. He looked up as the N train pulled up to the station, stepping on and sitting down once again. His phone buzzed again, except this time it was a text from Derek.
'What are you making me for dinner tonight?'
Kurt rolled his eyes, taking a deep breath before he responded.
'Whatever you want, honey. I'm almost to work. I'll call you on my break.'

"Times Square and 49th street." Said the subway announcer. Kurt stood up, scooting through people and walking off of the subway. He hummed softly to himself as he went up the stairs back into the cold air, pulling his jacket tighter as he walked the few blocks to his office building. "Hi, Linda." He said, smiling at the receptionist as he walked in. "I love your sweater."
She smiled, laughing softly. "Thanks, sweetie." She said. "How's your husband?"
Kurt shrugged. "He's good." He said. "Still looking for a job— let me know if you hear of anything!" He said, waving as he walked to his office, setting his bag and jacket down. He lied to Linda, Derek hadn't put in an application anywhere in over a year. Kurt had been supporting them for as long as he could remember. Luckily, he was one of the top employees at his company, and got bonuses for every match he made. Suddenly, a voice came from the hall that snapped him out of his thoughts.
"Mr.Hummel! How's it going today?"
Kurt looked up, smiling widely as he saw his CEO, Blaine Anderson, standing in hus doorway.
"Going good, Mr.Anderson. I have a few appointments today, and I'm following up with a couple who I matched a few months back." He said. "How are you doing?"
Blaine shrugged. "I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking."  He smiled. "Keep up the great matchmaking." He grinned, tapping Kurt's doorframe as he walked away.
Kurt bit his lip as Blaine walked away, a small smile on his face as he got ready for his first meeting. Blaine had such a positive and welcoming presence— he couldn't ask for a better boss.
He went through his day, meeting with clients to get them set up with their hopeful future match. His work days were the best part of the week, he wished he could live at the office. He was probably one of the only people who dreaded when the clock hit five.
"Have a great night, everyone. Good work today." Blaine said as they all walked out, going to the elevators. "After you." He smiled, letting Kurt into the elevator and walking in behind him. "Any hopeful matches from today?"
Kurt smiled as Blaine got in the elevator with him, nodding. "Actually, yeah, I have two client's that I think would be great together." He said, stepping out of the elevator. "I'm hoping to get them on a date this week."
Blaine nodded. "That's amazing." He laughed, walking alongside Kurt out of the building and onto the sidewalk. "You know, it's funny, I run a business that matches people together, but I can't seem to find a match for myself."
Kurt looked over at Blaine as they walked. "You don't have a girlfriend or a wife?" He asked.
Blaine shook his head. "Oh god, no. First of all, I'm gay." He laughed. "And I don't know, I just haven't found anyone yet. I wish I had your matchmaking ability."
Kurt was shocked at the fact that Blaine was gay— he never would have suspected someone so charming and seemingly such a ladies man to be gay. "Well, you know, you could always come to my office and I could help you out." He smiled.
Blaine nodded slowly. "You know, I might take you up on that sometime." He said. "I'll see you tomorrow, Mr.Hummel." He smiled, walking away towards his apartment building.
"See you tomorrow." Kurt said, sighing softly as he walked away. "Time to face reality." He whispered under his breath, walking into his apartment. "Hi, sweetie."