Chapter 3 : The Winglet's First Meeting

"Hello, Moonwatcher" : Speech

'Who are you?' : Thoughts

My name is, Darkstalker : Darkstalker

Hello there, reader : Me, the author

"Princess" : Sarcasm

Ok, this chapter has taken sometime because I had to reread the part this chapter is going to be based on, so bear with me, I am going to have to do this with the other books as well, so please be patient with me.

Narrator Point of View :

In the dreams of a dragon with scales as dark as the night sky, a roaring avalanche claimed the lives of Dragonets who attempted to escape it's destruction, lightning split the sky as thunder rolled through the rocks of the Jade Mountain, dragons all around the dreaming dragon screamed in terror as they all perished around her.

'This is Jade Mountain' Moon slowly began to realize, as she watched the ground and earth around her began to shake and crack open, the fang-shaped peaks crumbling into a slide of deadly boulders. 'Jade Mountain is falling...'

She couldn't move, speak, call for help nor warn the dragons who were dying all around her, she could only stand and watch as pain pounded through her head, then the world under her claws was destroyed.

'This can't be real... It's just a nightmare. It's everything I worry about and everything Mother worries about and now probably everything all the dragons on Pyrriha worry about, all pushed into my head and exploding like a volcano.' She thought, desperate to break the illusion she was trapped in. 'Not a vision. Not a prophecy. Not the future. Please, it can't be the future.'

A SandWing on fire, screaming in anguish. Cracks forming all along Jade Mountain, opening right under the talons of dragons and swallowing them into the ground. A dragon who looked similar to Kinkajou, but white with fear, shrieking as falling rocks crushed her tail under their weight.

'Wake up!' Moon shouted at herself, desperate to wake up from the seemingly never ending nightmare of death and destruction.

"Talons and teeth, you poor little dragonet." Suddenly a large shape loomed beside her, almost as if another mountain materialized out of the ground, Moon had a lightning-fast impression of silver and black, then vast talons closed around her claws as she was suddenly yanked out of the nightmare into darkness.

Cool, still, peaceful darkness. Darkness that held no voices in her head, nothing burning nor collapsing, no loud noises, catastrophe or panicking. It was, in fact, the first silence she'd found since arriving at Jade Mountain. Moon started by taking a deep breath, then another and gradually her heart slowed down.

This was still a dream, she knew that. Someone - the other telepath - had lifted her out of that nightmare, but she was still asleep. He'd brought her mind somewhere quiet, and she guessed he was somewhere nearby.

After a long, long while, there was a soft voice in the dark. "You are a mess."

Moon hunched her wings forward and wrapped them around herself before she responded by whispering. "I know."

"Someone should be punished for letting you get this way." The voice growled angrily.

"No one knows I'm like this," She said, shaking her head as she hesitated. "Thank you. For... that, what you..."

"You should be able to do that yourself," He said. She thought it was a "he"; it was incredibly difficult to tell sometimes from a dragon's internal voice. She could sense nothing else of this mysterious voice; when he was silent, it was as though there was nothing there. Was this how ordinary dragons felt every day? That everyone else was just a face and noise on a completely opaque backdrop? And all you could ever know about someone was what they chose to show and tell you?