Chapter 6 [✔]

The first Hogsmeade weekend was the last weekend of October just before Halloween.

I had been studying Tuesdays and Thursdays with Hermione for an hour that seemed too short.

Really, I should think that it was too long of my time to be gracing Hermione but, I can't seem to find that reason in me.

Draco and I have been getting closer.

We've gotten to the point where we would hold hands in the halls and hug each other even when there was someone there.

Honestly, I was reluctant to kiss him.

I wasn't sure why I was reluctant but I was, it was almost as if an invisible force was pushing me away and telling me that wasn't what I wanted.

But...I can't figure out what that might be.

I woke up this morning remembering that I was to meet Draco and Hogsmeade for our first official date.

I open my wardrobe grabbing a simple green skirt and a white button-up shirt, I pull my hair away from my face securing it with pins.

Spraying on some citrus perfume, I leave my room heading up to the ground level of the castle, the paintings moving animatedly.

I wave at Astoria and Millicent who were sitting on a bench beside the apple tree in the courtyard.

The path to Hogsmeade crosses the bridge and down the hill to a beautiful grassy meadow before coming onto Hogsmeade.

I love Hogsmeade– it reminded me of the villages in France, where the tiny shops line the cobblestone streets not a Muggle insight.

The village of Hogsmeade was one of the only wizarding establishments that had no Muggles whatsoever.

It's sad really– the Muggles are taking any place they can, driving out endangered magical animals and tribes that have been there for thousands of years.

I think of this as I walk to HoneyDukes where Draco and I agreed to meet.

He stands at the counter peering at a bowl filled with peppermint pops, I tap his shoulder and immediately he turns around to see me and he breathes a sigh of relief.

"Thank Merlin!" He exclaims. "I thought you were one of those annoying little third years.

"Careful Draco," I warn. "We were those annoying little third years last year."

"Yes...but we were a lot more dignified and superior compared to them," he says his eyes roaming me.

"If you say so..."

I rolled my eyes, grabbing his hand I take him around the sweets shop buying dozens of candies most were clearly edible but the other half were very questionable.

We walk out with a couple of bags in hand making our way to The Three Broomsticks which was on the other side of the village.

We passed by Harry, Ron, and Hermione and the boys glared at Draco and me, and I can hear Draco murmur something under his breath.

I smiled timidly at Hermione as we left them on the Main Street while we continued our way to the three broomsticks.

Hermione P.O.V

"Please tell me that Yaxley didn't just smile at you," Ron says, while we walk to Zonkos for Harry's first official time inside the joke shop.

I roll my eyes looking at my redheaded friend.

"You're imagining things," I say even though I remembered clearly that she smiled at me.

 It was a hesitant smile, of course, I didn't expect anything more but nonetheless, she smiled at me.

"Yes she did she smiled at you," Harry says, eyebrows furrowing.

"So what if she did? Is it really so bad," I say feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Look at you! You're blushing! You're actually blushing!" Ron exclaimed.

"You don't like her, do you?"

"What are you implying Ron?" I growl knowing very well what he meant.

"You-" he stops Harry putting a hand on his shoulder.

"He's concerned you're being naive," Harry says.

"Me? Naive? At least I'm not the one who makes out with his Krum doll every chance I get!" I shout, stomping off towards Zonkos.

"I do not!" He says flustered as he followed behind me.

"Do too!"

"Stop arguing..." Harry sighs submissively.

"I'm going to find Ginny-leave me alone," I say walking up the stairs of the crowded, colorful shop.

A thousand noises come from all over, each coming from a source I can't name.

I grab a box of dragon fire popcorn before seeing Ginny standing with Luna over by the love potions.

I pay the vendor a couple of sickles, taking my freshly roasted popcorn, and walk in their direction.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hello, Hermione!" Ginny says greeting me. "Where's Harry and Ron?"

"Oh...somewhere, I left them downstairs," I say casually.

"Oh, Ron being a pinhead again?" Ginny laughs.

I nod my head at the two.

I observe the bubbling pink love potions behind them- I wonder if they actually work.

Not that I'd actually use one, but of course I was curious.

Ginny, Luna, and I leave Zonkos saying goodbye to Ron and Harry before I walk out of the shop and up the path to Hogwarts.

I see Y/N sitting with Malfoy in the meadow beside Hogsmeade.

She throws her head back laughing at something that he says whether out of courtesy or if she actually thought it was funny...I didn't know.

She's been a lot nicer to me when we study, she sometimes draws pictures in my notebook for reference.

She likes to enchant them to look and act like Wizarding photos.

She's sitting across from him, dressed simply but, elegantly,  her hair is done up nicer than she usually has it.

I've never seen her try so hard...

The sunflowers around her look brighter than when she wasn't in the middle of the meadow.

And if possible the grass looks greener as well... her e/c eyes contrast greatly with the two other neutral colors.

"Hermione?" I hear Ginny call. They had stopped for me on the trail.

I didn't even realize that I had slowed my walking, but I was barely moving along the path.

I shake my head and run up to meet them.

"Sorry...I got distracted," I say. They glance at each other before nodding, we continue our journey back to the castle in silence.

Word Count: 993