~The little love nest~

Summary:
Meredith and Derek take a little vacation for their tenth anniversary in a chalet. No plot (well... a bit), mostly smut content.

The little love-nestVivichan10

Vivichan10

Chapter 1
Of course she had accepted to follow him in this stupid situation! It was a ridiculous idea...When Derek asked her anything, she always ended up saying yes, even when what he proposed was the worst idea... So yes, when he told her he dreamed of spending their wedding anniversary in a Swiss chalet in the middle of winter, she had nodded without thinking twice.

Yeah well... she hated snow and it was really snowing a lot in that goddamn place he called little love-nest . He had rented a chalet so isolated in the mountains that it could only be reached by walking or with a snowmobile. Choosing once again the worst of the solutions, Derek had preferred the hiking, saying the landscape was well worth the effort. And Meredith once again, though she hated the idea, had agreed with a big smile. Everything that would make him happy would  make her happy too... just because she was grumpy didn't mean she had to spoil her husband's pleasure.

They had been walking in the snow for about an hour or so, but for Meredith it could very well have been an eternity. The landscape was indeed breathtaking, but she was too cold to really care.She was frozen. She couldn't feel her feet anymore and her only reward was Derek's warm hand in hers which helped her to climb over rocks and not to slip... The surgeon walked happily beside her, snowflakes in his hair and in his eyelashes. He was ecstatic at everything he saw, even a pine covered in snow made his eyes shine like stars. She had to admit it, all the hassles were worth it to see him so damn happy. And the thought of spending an entire weekend just the two of them was really enjoyable too... but still! It was really a stupid idea!

Meredith was a city girl and especially a Seattle girl. Rain and bad weather were her element, but the polar cold and the fifty centimeters  of snow that went with it and into which she sank with each step... it was really not the same thing...

Hopefully they wouldn't die on this hike. Their record of any kind of disaster did not protect them from falling into a ravine or from an avalanche. Just as she thought about it, she fell face first in the snow. Immediately Derek helped her up, laughing but still concerned about her. She wanted to glare at him, but his contagious laugh got the better of her bad mood and she too burst out laughing.

"You okay?" asked Derek brushing the snow off her long dark blonde hair as best he could.

"I'm cold..." she whispered as they started to walk again.

"It'll be better when we get there..." he replied, kissing her softly on the cheek and being even more careful to support her with every step.

She took a deep breath and the cold filled her lungs. At least, they weren't far from the chalet now... Derek, who realized that Meredith was not very comfortable in this environment, kissed her on her neck and whispered to her with all the tenderness and warmth of which he was capable: "I promise you that when we will be in our little love-nest, you will have the best weekend of your life..."