EXTRA: THE REBELLION'S ORIGINS

IF THEY WERE BEING honest, Maddilyn Snape, Regulus Black, Lucius Malfoy and Milla Parkinson did not exactly remember how the Rebellion started. They would all tell you different stories. But one thing remained the same. The Snake Bite Rebellion was more than just a rebellion, it was a fight, it was a family, and most importantly, it was a small light in the world of darkness. 

IF MADDILYN SNAPE TOLD you how the Snake Bite Rebellion came to be, she would tell you the concept was her idea. 

Who would imagine the Dark Lord's own House would betray him. Why would the 'slimy snakes' of Slytherin betray their 'greatest' member. The answer was no one would be able to imagine that. 

In everyone's mind at Hogwarts, Slytherins could not be trusted. They were the dark side of the pending war outside Hogwarts's castle walls. The thing that differed Slytherins from the rest of the Houses was this. Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, and Hufflepuffs saw the world as black and white, good and evil. Slytherins saw the world in varying shades of gray. And sure, perhaps Slytherins were on the darker scales of gray. Of course, not everyone saw the world this way. The optimists saw the world in color and the pessimists saw the world in black. 

Maddie knew the most effective way to rebel was inside the system. And so, one of Maddie's craziest ideas began. And that was saying a lot, after all she had created the Sectumsempra curse alongside her brother. 

OKAY, SO MAYBE THE Rebellion started out as some teenage rebellion against his parents. Just maybe. Not that Lucius Malfoy would ever outright admit that his involvement in the Rebellion started as some sort of resistance against his parents.

But why would Maddilyn Snape ask him to join out of all people. Lucius Malfoy, poster-child of the ideal pureblood child, join a resistance against the rising Dark Lord, He Who Shall Not Be Named. On top of that, Maddie was crazy if she thought he would agree to join.

But then he got a Howler. Thankfully, he opened all his mail in his dorm, so he didn't have to deal with the fact his mum, Evangeline Malfoy had sent an ear piercing message of why he needed to stay away from Silver Gray. He couldn't do much about that because of the fact that 1) she was in Slytherin, and 2) she ran in the same social circles he did. The Howler also mentioned something of the rising Dark Lord Voldemort. The Malfoy matriarch clearly respected the dark lord. Unfortunately, he and his mum never truly saw eye to eye on things, and so he rebelled. After all, what better way to rebel than on the inside?

IT HAD BEEN A very long time since somebody had told Milla Parkinson they needed her. After what felt like a millennium, Milla got used to not being needed, and she got used to not needing anyone else.

So it had been a surprise when Maddilyn Snape told Milla she needed her help, and she believed that Milla of all people could help her. 

Milla didn't hesitate in saying yes. She, the daughter of the Noble and Prestigious House of Parkinson, joined the Rebellion because she was needed. And that feeling of being wanted, being needed, it lept her going.

Milla joined, and surprisingly, was the first of the three to be recruited. When Milla asked Maddie why out of all of Slytherin, she asked three children of the most active Pureblood supremacists.

Maddie had replied with a simple "You aren't your parents, that's why." Milla had held onto those words as every day she was forced to become someone she wasn't in order to please her parents.

And honestly? Milla was greatful. She had a way to escape the duties placed on her. She was able to do something that was right for a change. She had so long been known as the Pureblood princess, as someone she was not, someone she was faking so she'd survive, it was finally nice to be known and acknowledged as only Milla.