━ seven

SIRIUS BLACK DIDN'T MEAN to kiss Maddilyn Snape. He really hadn't. And to his uttermost surprise, Maddie didn't punch him. 

But since then, Maddie had been avoiding him like the plague, and the rest of the Marauders noticed that Sirius was in a gloomy mood. The Marauders were excellent at making sure their friends were okay (read: snooping through other's lives).

"Mate, what's wrong?" James asked, concern lacing in his tone, sitting down on the couch in the Gryffindor Common Room. 

"What? Oh nothing," Sirius said, looking up dazedly from the armchair. 

"You've been acting all... gloomy since a week ago," James said, his tone indicating he knew something was, in fact, not fine. "What happened?" 

"Nothing, Prongs, don't worry about it," Sirius said. James wanted to press, but Sirius's words were said in a way that left no room for argument, much to the Potter heir's displeasure.

SILVER GRAY GLANCED AROUND, her on-off boyfriend, Leo Reese right behind her. Silver was already feeling sick to the stomach. "Come on," Silver whispered, glancing both ways. 

Maddilyn Snape was right behind them. "Quickly!" Maddie said. 

The three scurried across, and found the Room of Requirement. 

We need an entrance to the Forbidden Forest.

You see, people are not who they say they are. There were, and always would be, lies in the castle they called home. There was more than on group sneaking out that night. 

And under the full moon, you could hear the mournful howls, and how they could hear each other. They weren't alone in the world, and they would fight for that belief 'til they couldn't anymore. 

MADDILYN SNAPE HAD DONE her best to avoid the Marauders, but she had gotten cornered by none other than Remus Lupin. The lycanthrope was always one step ahead of his friends when it came to emotional things.

"Maddie, what happened between you and Sirius?" Remus said. "I know something happened, but Siriud is refusing to speak." 

Maddie narrowed her eyes. And then she donned the Slytherin mask she wore so well, yet it didn't fit her in anyway. " what makes you think I would tell you if Black didn't?" the Slytherin said icily.

"You are the reasonable one," Remus said, examining the shorter girl. "I thought you would have insight to the slump Sirius is in."

"Leave me alone, Lupin," Maddie said, her voice colder than the depths of Antarctica. "We are on different sides of the war that is only starting." 

"You can decide differently, Maddie," Remus said, giving the onyx-haired girl a pleading look

Maddie's face was indifferent, but her eyes told a different story. "Take the Map," Maddie said. "James forgot to get it." 

James? Remus wondered, taking the Marauders Map numbly. Why would James give the Map to Maddie?

THE ORDINARY WIZARD LEVEL tests were descending upon Hogwarts, and the students were in a frenzy of nerves and breakdowns.

"You guys broke up again?" Maddilyn Snape asked in disbelief, sliding in next to Silver Gray.

"Yes," Silver said, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes at Leo Reese. Leo refused to look at his ex, preferring to glance at his best friend.

"You guys need to get your shit together," Maddie said, laughing slightly. "This is a roller coaster you two will never get out of."

Silver glared at Leo, but said nothing in response. 

Regulus Black sat down next to the Snape girl. "Ready for Quidditch, Maddie?" Regulus asked.

"We're playing against the Gryffindorks," Austin Avery added. 

"Oh, I've been ready for a while," Maddie said, smirking slightly. "The Gryffindorks won't know what hit them."

"HERE'S THE SLYTHERIN TEAM, with Captain Regulus Black as Seeker, Maddilyn Snape and Austin Avery as Beaters, Garth Goyle, Theodore Nott, and Leo Reese as Chasers, and Thomas Flint as Keeper," said the announcer, Halsey Jordan, said.

Maddie dutifully followed Regulus as the team flied out in a v formation. 

"And the Gryffindor Team with Captain James Potter, Frank Longbottom, Alya Patil, as Chasers, Markus Wood as Seeker, Sirius Black and Dorcas Meadows as Beaters, and Arthur Weasley as Keeper," Halsey announced, enthusiasm in her voice as the Gryffindor Team flew out onto the pitch. 

As a beater, they always had to check the opposing sides beaters so they could track the bludger's movement. Maddie was assigned to watch Sirius, while Austin had been following Dorcas. 

Maddie hit a bludger away from Regulus as she zipped by the Seeker who was looking for the Snitch. 

"Snape! Duck!" Avery yelled. Maddie didn't question it, as she ducked her head just in time, a bludger whizzing over where Maddie's head had just been. 

Maddie aimed a bludger at James Potter, Sirius hitting it at Theodore Nott, Austin rushing over to hit the bludger at Dorcas. Dorcas tried to get out of the way, but she wasn't so lucky. 

"And Dorcas Meadows is out! Replaced with Third Year student, Jamie Bell," Halsey said, concern lacing in her words as her Housemate got taken off the Quidditch pitch. 

Maddie smirked, Jamie wasn't nearly as good as his Fifth Year teammates. 

Nott had scored twice, and now Gryffindor and Slytherin were tied, Regulus and Markus Wood anxiously searching for the Golden Snitch that would seal the fate of the game. 

Maddie hit the bludger at Frank Longbottom, narrowly missing it as Jamie Bell swooped in and aimed it at Garth Goyle. Avery hit the bludger, sending it straight for James Potter, Sirius blocking it, sending it straight to Maddie. Maddie wacked it away, hitting Alya Patil off her broom. Luckily for Alya and Gryffindor, Alya was able to get back on to play. 

"Black! Any sign of the Snitch?" Maddie said, as she flew past Regulus. 

"Not yet," Regulus said, his eyes darting around, looking for the little gold glint in the Quidditch pitch. 

Maddie sent the bludger hurtling at James Potter. It would've hit him if Bell hadn't blocked it, hitting it at Avery. Avery sent the bludger to Maddie, Maddie winding her Beater's bat and hitting it at the Keeper, Arthur Weasley, sending him off his broom. 

"And Snape has sent the only Keeper of Gryffindor out of the game," Halsey announced. "Thankfully Second Year Substitute Chaser Nadia Shacklebolt has stepped in." 

Avery glanced at Maddie, the two smiling at their handiwork. 

The four Beaters flew around the pitch, hitting and blocking bludgers. "This is never going to end," Maddie groaned, hitting a bludger at James. Sirius blocked it with ease, hitting it at Thomas Flint, the Keeper. Avery was already there, sending it flying towards Alya Patil. 

Maddie swore she could hit Bludgers while she was sleeping at this pace. 

"I swear we're going to be at this forever," Maddie told Avery as she flew by the other Beater. Avery laughed slightly. 

Maddie spotted the two Seekers finally going to the Snitch, urging her broom to catch up to the two, in order to protect Regulus from potential oncoming bludgers. Just as one of them were catching the Snitch, WHAM and Maddie's world went dark.