━ eighteen

BELLATRIX BLACK WANTED TO hex every single person attending her wedding. She wasn't a toy, and Bellatrix hated how people treated her like one. Bellatrix, while she agreed with keeping the bloodlines pure, she didn't agree with being a pawn. 

No matter how savage she was, Bellatrix wanted to find love. And while Bellatrix respected the Lestrange family, and Rodolphus himself, Bellatrix hated that she was getting married for the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black's power to rise, even though they were already the most influential House of England.  

As it was tradition, all of the Pureblood Houses, even the ones the Blacks didn't particularly like, such as the Longbottoms or the Potters, were forced to attend, although Bellatrix had heavily protested against it. 

The Blacks had even invited some American Pureblood families, though Bellatrix doubted they would travel over to Britain just for her wedding. 

Bellatrix smoothed out her black dress, glancing at Narcissa and Andromeda, who were getting ready as Bellatrix's bridesmaids as well. 

Druella Black, nee Rosier, the Black sister's mother, stood up, eyes teary as she glanced at Bellatrix. "My little girl, all grown up," she said through tears. 

Bellatrix rolled her eyes. Druella Black was a very dramatic woman. 

"I grew up the day I hit puberty, Mother," Bellatrix said dryly. 

"You're up in about five minutes," Andromeda said, the three Blacks walking out, leaving Bellatrix alone.

CELESTRIA SAYRE-NIGHTSHADE APPARATED TO the location her father, the American President of Magic, had given her. Celestria was representing her father, where her father 'was unable to go'. Celestria knew he was actually going goldfishing (golfing), a No-Maj (American equivelent of Muggle) sport, instead of going to a wedding they were invited by the Blacks. 

Part of the only reason Celestria actually agreed to go was because of the reassurance that her god-brother, James Potter, of being there. Living on two separate continents, and the fact that her father was the President of Magic, and herself being the American Youth Representative of Magic, Celestria was rarely able to see her god-brother. 

Celestria glanced around, and saw crowds of people, all sporting their respective House crests. Druella Black, or who Celestria presumed to be Druella, made her way to greet the American witch. 

"I am Lady Druella Black of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, and you might be?" Druella Black said with a thin smile and calculating eyes. 

Celestria would never understand what was so special about being a 'pureblood'. Her father always reminded her that she must use her blood status in Britain in order to gain respect from well respected witches and wizards. 

"Heiress Celestria Sayre-Nightshade, daughter of Lord Alexander Nightshade and Lady Marion Sayre-Nightshade, descendant of the Majestic and Brilliant House of Sayre, and daughter of the Exalted and Ancient House of Nightshade. Also the American Youth Representative of Magic," Celestria said, straightening her back to appear unaffected or scared by Druella Black's cold stare. "My father, President Nightshade, sent me here as his stead."

"Welcome, Heiress Sayre-Nightshade," Druella said, a bit more cheerily, as if she was happier that Celestria was a pureblood. 

"My father sends his deepest apologies," Celestria says, the words carefully rehearsed. "He had to do something in the No-Maj world." 

"No-Maj?" Druella asks. 

"Humans with no magic," Celestria clarifies. 

"Ah, you mean mudbloods?" Druella asked. Somehow, Celestria felt that demeaning seeming word wasn't the Brittish version of No-Maj. "Is your father purging America from those filthy people?"