3.

I had difficulty sleeping and tossed and turned.  I figured I might as well get up and finish the guest room until I get tired.  I finally started getting tired and sat on the guest room bed. The next time I realized I had fallen asleep my cell alarm went off to wake up. I looked 9:30. Ugh but knew Maura would be here at eleven to get me. I got my cranky self up to myself some eggs, bacon and toast and huge cup of coffee to wake up. I ate and cleaned my mess up. I hurried up and took a shower.  I looked at my watch. I had 30 minutes before she was here or less not knowing if she is the type of person who shows up early. 
Ten minutes left and I still was doing mg makeup when I hear my door bell. I looked out the peep hole and it was Maura.
-Maura make yourself at home. Water, juice is in the refrigerator.
I returned with my shoes on and my dress zipped as far as I could on my own.
-Maura please help me with my zipper.  Thank you no problem. You look lovely.

Thanks so do you

Thanks so do you.

Why thank you.  Your house is cute.  You barely moved in. Your a quick person to unpack.  Not really, my family helped me move in and my mother has been here every night except last night helping me get organized and efficient. Two areas in my personal life I struggle with but not at work.
Let's go my car is outside. 

I  secure my home and turn on the alarm.

Maura what happened to your front plate? I have yet to receive my Boston plates but they took my California plates

Maura what happened to your front plate? I have yet to receive my Boston plates but they took my California plates. I have that paper you get from the DMV on my rear window which is tacky.
Let me tell you what this fundraiser wine tasting is for. Its for the children pediatric wing that the hospital is working on to expand.  People will going around asking for donations.  Please don't feel obligated. I will take care of the donation portion for us both. Thank you. I am not in the area to donate just getting my home and all that comes with it. I went recently this week with the money I put aside for yard tools. I never had a home. I always lived at home with my parents or in condos and didn't have to worry about that.  I understand. These people at the fundraiser can be pushy. Please just tell that you gave your portion to Dr. Isles already. Maura are you okay? You are turning red. Yes, it always happens when I lie. Ah okay. It will go away soon.
We arrive at the winery.  The wine and cheese with the wine is not that bad. Maura excused herself when someone who apparently was important called her. While she was gone three people approached me for donation.  I didn't feel bad telling them I already gave.  One of the ladies tells me. I  see you came with Dr. Isles all the men and women want to hook up with her. She is a catch and what I hear is a beast in bed. Maura returns.
-Jane are you feeling alright? We can go if you like. I will get out coats.  Thank you.

Jane and I leave.

Jane you looked flush when I approached you.

Maura reached for my wrist and took my pulse.
Your pulse rate is a little high but your coloring is back and your breathing is going back to normal. May I ask what got you flushed? Maura one of the ladies asked for a donation and. This is embarrassing to state.  You can whisper it in my ear and I won't look at you. Scout promise.  The lady said all the men and women want to hook up with you and your a beast in bed.

Maura grabbed my hand and looked at me.

-I am sorry such was told to you. Maura may I ask you question.  If I offend you, its not done on purpose.  Okay,  go ahead.

We were still in the winery parking lot and the lady who made the comment to me was approaching Maura's BMW  
-Dr. Isles you and your date won an all day spa treatment.  Thank you Clara but Jane is not my date in the manner you are referring to and I hope you didn't say anything to her either. I turned you down  politely because I do not see you that way. Jane I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable. I  was just curious who Dr. Isles had eyes for is all. Apology accepted but next time it would be better if you didn't jump to conclusions.  Good day Clara.

Clara left.
-I am going to guess her comment is what made you be flushed.  She was wrong for doing that. Jane I am barely getting to know you. I don't know what your sexual preference is because this is our only second time meeting. 
Maura started her car and kept her hand on my hand. I didn't remove it. Her hand was soft and it felt good. I am a lesbian but not many know about it except my team because it would make my job more difficult. Maura's cell rang and she answered. Dr. Isles.  Thank you.  I will be there shortly.  Please call for the window to be repaired.
-Jane I need to go by my house. I wanted to take you out for late lunch but someone tried to break into my home. I need to there to see if they got anything. The alarm company was reviewing the video when they called me.
No problem and it sucks when you cannot leave your home and someone steals or tries to.  Yes, it does. I will make us lunch if you don't mind. I am good cook and promise not to get you sick. Okay,  Iove that.  I can call a favor in too if anything was stolen.  The perks of my job. I am not in the robbery department but homicide. Oh you are that Jane Rizzoli. I guess not sure how to take that. Sorry, it came out wrong. Let me explain.

We were still holding hands.

- I am one of the coroners for the hospital. I recently was hired as the department head. After I got here, I would hear about a gorgeous detective who was persistent on gathering as much information, quickly and pushy.  I didn't know it was you. I recently put a memo out. I am aware of the memo. I am pushy because I want justice for the killers family and don't like it when an asshole thinks they can get away from being arrested and prosecuted.  I get it.
Maura removed her hand when we approached the guard area of her neighborhood. 

-Ms. Isles is present while your window is getting replaced. Thank you.