9

Maur comes downstairs and I open the door for her.  As soon as I am away from the hospital,  I grab her hand and kiss it and intertwine our fingers.

-Maur we can stay at my house. I had my locks changed.  My mother is displeased I didn't call and tell her I wasn't going to make our weekly dinner as well as next week. Maur can you take all of next week off so we can camp longer. I  rarely take vacations and I need this one. Yes, I can take a week off.
We arrive at Jane's HOUSE. Jane unlocks the door and hands me a key.
-Maur if you need to
leave, you have a key.  Just hit alarm set and you know it set itself.  I still need to go by the grocery store. Text me before five if you want me to pick up anything particular. Go in my drawers and change into something more comfortable.  Please put this in the guest room. I have to go back to work. I kiss Maur and leave.  I place my gift in her bedroom.

I hear her landline ring but don't answer it

'Janie I am sorry. please show up Sunday. Its your birthday.  I shouldn't of gotten so mad. I only see you on Sundays or if I show up unannounced. I went by to leave you your keys like you asked but you changed the locks. Please baby girl don't cut me out of your life. This will be the first birthday I will miss. Your brothers and papi will miss you too. Again I am sorry. love you'
Wow,Jane could of told me. She gave up her Sunday dinner for me. She could of told me. I would of understood. I don't want to be the cause of her missing dinners with her family. I will do something special for her on Sunday.  I call the gallery and have them to deliver the other one Jane had an eye on.  I called the camp office and requested several more days. I called a bakery near the city we would be camping at and made arrangements for them to deliver the cake. I called a nearby restaurant which has the best lobster tails with cheesy bread,  green beans with almonds. I would bring several bottles of various wines and beers with us and some toys.  I changed into shorts, a Boston pd shirt and my tennis shoes and decided I would do her yard work so we could leave earlier on Friday at 5:30 instead of the time she wanted to.
It took me three hours to do her yard and was emptying the bag when Jane drove up.
-Maur I didn't leave you to do my yard work but thank you. I will bring the tools in. Please take this bag and leave on the counter.  Go take a shower and I will join you once I get the chicken in the oven. I kiss her and smack her on her ass. Oh baby, how you know?  I am learning now get.
I bring in the garden tools and park my jeep.

I wash up, season the chicken and cover it and set the timer

I wash up, season the chicken and cover it and set the timer. I throw the empty container outside and wash up again. I turn on my alarm and see my landline is beeping. I listen to the message and delete it.
I take off my clothes and drop them in the hamper and enter my master bedroom shower where Maur is at. I wrap my arms around Maur and kiss her neck.
-I forgot about the hickeys and Frost said if I forgot than you weren't memorable. Maur you are more than memorable.I am sorry about that. I am not. I enjoyed each one.  Jane I heard your mother's message and I am sorry. I rather not talk about it. I chose and I am okay with my decision.  We will be gone when its my birthday.  I am too old to be wearing corny birthday hats. My brothers and I have told her this the year before last and she did it anyway. We chose not to celebrate our birthday with our mother. My brothers will go to our campsite.  If you could text them the site,  I would appreciate it. I want my brothers to meet you. Okay, I will.  Jane kisses me and we finish our shower. Jane puts a towel around her and goes to the kitchen. I call the restaurant and order two more lobster tails and others side dishes for four people.
I exit and get dressed in my own clothes  I find and go downstairs for dinner. Jane has candles and soft jazz music on. Jane puts her hand out for me to take.  Jane slow dances with me and kisses me passionately.  Maur moans in my mouth when I suck on her tongue. We kiss a little longer than Jane goes back upstairs to get a shirt and shorts on. We have a lovely dinner.  I help Jane clean up. We cuddle in her bed than I get up and kiss her good night.
-Your rules. I want you alert and safe at work.  thank you. Jane gives me one long kiss and I leave to sleep in the guest room.