8.

I wake up early for work and wake Jane up.
-Jane wake up its time to get up. No five more minutes please MA.  I won't be late for school. 
I chuckle.  She thinks she is at home in her own bed at her parents.
-Jane wake up. No no too early MA.
I straddle her and kiss her.
Jane wakes up.
-I have been trying to wake you up for several minutes now. You told me no not now MA.Sorry. I am not a morning person. Its okay but its 6:30 now. Thanks. Come and join me for a shower. Maur I will take a shower in the other room or I will be late for work. Hmmm sounds devine.

Jane laughs at gets up. Her abs ..geez Maura concentrate and get ready for work.  I finish my shower and Jane has already gotten dress and kisses me goodbye. I grab her by her waist and kiss her longer.
-Maur you not playing fair. I  will stop by the store on my way after work to pick up some chicken to grill.  Okay, I rather play hooky. I know you do. BYE  Maur.
Jane leaves and I check my mail. My license plates came in for my mercedes.
I leave them on the counter, secure my home and drive my lexus to work.
I park in the doctors lot and get alot of looks from other doctors.  Many of these doctors are jealous of me being so young and head of the coroner dept. I  replaced a well liked older gentleman who retired,  Dr. Williams.
I walk into the hospital and take the elevator to the basement.  Several doctors see me and inform me the head honcho wants to see me. I am glad I wore a turtle neck to work and covered the hickey Jane left on me.
I go upstairs and meet with chief.
-Dr. Isles there are going to be cuts across all departments.  Each department head has to choose which employee to let go. I know you haven't been here long. I am strongly recommend you go by Dr. Williams evaluations on each employee before he left.  Thank you.
I go back upstairs.  This is definitely not something I like to do. I exit the elevator and ask everyone to come into my office.
-I have been informed that each department has to eliminate one person and I am to go by Dr. Williams evaluations.  I am so sorry this is occurring. I  didn't sign up for this but will follow the directive from the chief. I will let you know at the end of the day by five so the person can get at least their 8 hours in today. Again,  I am so sorry.
Everyone left and I could see which employees were worried so I started with their evaluations first and read the others. Its between two doctors one who is close to retirement by a month and a younger doctor. I am glad it was made easy for me. I contacted the chief and gave him the name. 

While at work. Frost says. who gave you those?.Frost what are you talking about?.I  guess it wasn't that memorable if you forgot the person's name already.  Oh shit,  I forgot to cover them up. No the person is very memorable.
Korsak whispered in.my ear Maura Isles. I smile.
-Jane you forget. I  get briefed on cases even when an off duty officer is involved.  Aye, I want to know.  Frost that is up to Jane. Frost lets go to the Daily Robber for lunch and I will tell you. 
The three of us head to the Daily Robber and order our lunches.  Frost do you recall for three months I was getting calls from an unknown caller because the number was blocked.  Yes, well last week I finally was able to answer it. She is the doctor who recently changed the protocol for us.  Oh that woman. Jane I heard she is a hottie in bed by male and females alike. So is she? Frost I am not going to answer that question.  Just say we are spending all the time together since Saturday.  I have to leave on time to pick up chicken.  I am cooking tonight.  My family doesn't know yet.  We will we meet her this Sunday at the Rizzoli dinner since you missed last night and your mother wasn't happy.  I guess she will be unhappy longer. We are going camping.  You go girl. Thanks. 
My cell rings.
-Hello MA. Sorry the day got away from me. I won't be making next dinner either. I will be out of town for a week.  Who are you going to be with? MA sorry gotta go and I need your key back too or I will be changing my locks. Change your locks. MA you are going to have me go through the expense of changing my locks instead of returning my key. Yes, I am. You could of called me. I guess this woman is worth it. MA yes and goodbye have to go back to work.
Frankie comes down for lunch. She is pissed.  Yeah I Know and asked for my key back.  She refuses to give me my key back so I will have to pay to get my doors relocked. I won't be using our regular key guy either because they would give her my key. True. I hope this person is worth it. Yes definitely worth it. Well enjoy but be careful with your heart sis. Thanks I will. Korsak I am going to be at my house getting my locks  changed.  Call me and I will meet you. Okay,  will do.

I leave and call an expensive lock Smith out of my area but in Maura's area. The bill was over three hundred but worth it. The guy hands me my extra keys.
-Rizzoli hope you are finished.  Korsak said to meet us at Boston hospital.  Okay will do.
I  drive to the hospital and see yellow tape parked around Maur's Lexus.  My heart is pumping fast and I run to the area.
-Its not me.
I turn and see Maur standing outside the yellow tape being interviewed by a beep cop. Officer I have got this thank you. Maur what happened? Today people are receiving pink slips from each department.  I haven't told my doctor yet.  I came down to get my cell that I accidentally left and saw Dr. Hodge on the ground hurt by my car. I tried to help but it was too late. He had one month to retire, but. But what Maur. He was the doctor I was going to give a pink slip too. The chief told me to go by the former coroners evaluations and I did. It was between him and another doctor. I was going to choose him because he was close to retirement and he had enough vacation time to run out his time and still receive his retirement.  I have no clue who would stab him with a scalpel. I didn't touch it only him.
Maur your lexus will have to stay here over night.  I will come after work to get you or I can have an officer take you home to get another vehicle. Jane I don't want to get another vehicle.  I just want to go somewhere that I don't have to think.  Go get your purse or there else you need. I will take you some place else that is quiet and no one has a key but me.
Maur leaves . I update my team.
-Korsak call me if you need anything.  I am going to get her settled and return to the office. No problem.  She looks shaken up. She is.