Chapter 33

Steve's POV

Bucky and were usually patient people, but we couldn't wait for Natalie to come back. And we waited in plenty of different ways. Even still, we missed that piece that made us whole.

"I see you boys kept yourselves occupied," Natalie smirked as she suddenly entered the room.

Bucky and I, who were previously laying down in bed, perked up at the sound of her voice. We both ran to her side and scooped her up into our arms.

"When did you get back?" Bucky asked.

"Just now. I came looking for you right away," she smiled.

Her smile slowly faded, however. She remembered once again that our work is not yet completed.

"Do we have to do it now?" Bucky asked.

Natalie nods.

"We have to get the stone and go back to Wakanda. It's too dangerous to wait. It will be too tempting for people knowing that so many stones are in one place."

"Tempting for who?" I asked.

"All I'm saying is that I hope that our plan remains in a close circle."

~~~

Nattie and I were all suited up in the suits that Hank Pym had made up for us and the machine was all collaborated for us by Stark.

"Be safe out there doll," Bucky told Nattie and kissed her forehead.

Natalie smiled and walked up the stairs to the platform. Bucky gave me some concerned eyes and took me in for a hug.

"Please don't do anything stupid. I mean it this time. No jokes. I don't know what I would do without you."

Bucky seemed more scared for my safety than he ever has. It wasn't like I was going into a war or anything terribly dangerous. He seemed far more scared simply because we are finally able to be who we are.

"Everything will be fine, Buck."

I walk up the stairs and take Natalie's hand and we collaborate the watches like Stark instructed us to do.

"Okay, Bucky. We're ready when you are," Natalie states.

I look over at her and she takes a deep breath, as do I. The way she's been acting about this whole thing makes me slightly nervous. I don't know what I'm supposed to expect. Not knowing is a lot scarier than knowing.

"Alright," Bucky sighs. "In three, two, one-"

Suddenly I was surrounded by colors and shapes and I felt a strange tingle throughout my body. It was as if my whole body was vibrating and changing. Like each cell was attacking each other, but it wasn't painful. It was just strange.

But the feel stopped shortly after we arrived at what I assumed was Vormior.

It was dark and cold. The only light that we were able to see was dim and colorful.

"Where do we go?" I asked.

"To be honest, I don't really know. I guess we go to the bottom of the mountain."

Then we walk. We walked for a very long time. It was quiet. Natalie didn't say a word and neither did I.

This place made me never want to say a word again. It felt like I would never be happy again.

As Natalie and I were nearly at the bottom of the mountain, we heard an explosion. We both jumped due to the scare and I gave Nattie a panicked look.